Cannot install DA on Centos 7... tried EVERYTHING!

Spamassassin

Verified User
Hi all, and thank you for your efforts.

I tried to install DA on my clean installed Centos7 several times, but no luck :( always things break in the same "squirrelmail_svn" error as following:
PHP:
ERROR: version of squirrelmail_svn not found in versions.txt!
Minimal required version of Apache is 2.4.9. Please uncustomize your versions.txt file.
Found CentOS 6 or 7.  Disabling CURL in custombuild to prevent yum from breaking.
Related: http://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=385
Minimal required version of Apache is 2.4.9. Please uncustomize your versions.txt file.

Cannot find /usr/local/bin/php
Please recompile php with custombuild, eg:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build all d

This appears to be a 64-bit system.
a common cause of http/php compile failures is mentioned here:
http://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=213

If you're running CentOS (not freebsd or debian) and applies to you, then type:

ln -sf /usr/lib64/libexpat.so /usr/lib/libexpat.so
ln -sf /usr/lib64/libm.so /usr/lib/libm.so
ln -sf /usr/lib64/libssl.so /usr/lib/libssl.so
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build all d

I don't know why is happening everytime I try to install DA, I searched ecerywhare but didn't find a clue.

Can any one please help? Thank you very much.

try to remove the folder /usr/local/directadmin:
rm -rf /usr/local/directadmin
and try install with def settings.
if still you got problems, you can pm to me i will help you

Hi ben29

I'm installing it with the default settings, I even tried what you've suggested and removed the folder then started the installation process over and over again but the same bloody message keeps appearing!
I'll PM you with the server details if you wanna login and take a look.

Thank you

Finally!! Thanks to ben29 I've been able to get rid of the error & install DA.

The problem was that some of DirectAdmin mirrors have issues and missing softwares, so during the installation process when it asked you to searche for the fastest mirror to download from just type "no" and let it download from the main mirror which is "files.directadmin.com".

For the DA team, if you please update the mirrors (especially the files4) so we don't face this problem again that would be much appreciated.

Thanks ben29 again.

DA Staff have nothing to do with mirrors, except authorize them, i've a DA mirror too, i'll e-mail DA Staff notifing them about this mirror not up2date.

Regards

Hmm.. I do watch the /services/last_update.txt files on all of the files servers from time to time.
I've never seen files4 out of sync.. (for the last_update.txt file at least).. so not 100% sure if it was a sync issue, or perhaps something else.
In any case, if you do run into the issue again, please let us know so that we can find and resolve the issue.

John

Back