blocking directadmin access

Gadget

Verified User
is there a way to block certain users from accessing da? i want to create shell accounts using da to set them up and manage them but keep the user from accessing da as well as the public_html directory to block hosting access. if this is possible please help me out.

Well first of all you could just edit the e-mail that is being sent to your customers, and remove all links to the login. They would not know you're running DA and they wouldn't be likely to try to login.

Secondly you would have to edit the skins for DA in order to disallow access to certain users. How you would make the user difference I do not know exactly, but you might be able to ask that question in the forum that is meant for that ;)

Apart from changing the port that you use (which would also prevent you from being notified of updates), you could setup an iptables script that blocks ips from a list who try to access port 2222... Turning off DirectAdmin logins hasn't really been considered... something to consider for the future :)

John

Back