How to forward my domain to subdomain?

Yes. Just create a domain subdomain.domain.com and make pointer to it from domain.com ;) (The other way arround)

fusionictnl said:
Yes. Just create a domain subdomain.domain.com and make pointer to it from domain.com ;) (The other way arround)

May I know how to do it?

I wonder if this statement is valid:

in my account,
set up a domain as sub.domain.com
then forward www.domain1.com to this domain.

The context is this. I have an account with several subdomains. In general, each of these subdomains has no relation with the others. Also, each of these subdomains is fairly small and uses little bandwidth.

In time, I've purchased domain names for a couple of these subdomains. I currently "blind forward" these domain names from the place where I purchased them. But "blind forward" is not satisfactory as it loses address resolution.

My goal is to have page.html display as http://sub.domain.com/page.html and as http://otherdomain.com/page.html.

Thank you,

Last edited:
Is there such a thing as a right way?

If they're all on the same DA server just create one domain for the content, and then domain aliases for the other domains.

And don't worry abut the distinction of a subdomain. Just create them all as domains.

Jeff

My user account now can have multiple domains. I found this works backwards from what I wanted, but it works. The files actually reside in the folder space of the secondary domain not in the folder space of the primary domain.

I create a subdomain in my primary domain. In my secondary domain I create a domain pointer to this domain as an alias. The from side of the domain pointer is the subdomain of the primary domain.

Yes, there is a difference between subdomain and domains. The difference is the folder space. A domain, even if the name looks like a sub.domain, has its own folder space including "public_html". A subdomain is in the folder space (underneath "public_html") of its domain.

Besides, my webhost charges me extra for additional domains, not for additional subdomains. :)

Works nice, I'm pleased.

MichaelWorks said:
Yes, there is a difference between subdomain and domains. The difference is the folder space. A domain, even if the name looks like a sub.domain, has its own folder space including "public_html". A subdomain is in the folder space (underneath "public_html") of its domain.
That's an arbitrary distinction based on the hosting model used by DA and by most other hosting control panels. It's got nothing to do with the definitions of either domain or subdomain.
Besides, my webhost charges me extra for additional domains, not for additional subdomains. :)
That's their pricing model; again nothing to do with the definitions of either domain or subdomain.
Works nice, I'm pleased.
Glad to learn it :) .

Jeff

Back