User level NGINX configuration

zmippie

Verified User
I was reading this interesting conversation that forum user MtK was having with himself in 2013. He makes some valid points for setups that have only NGINX, and no Apache installed.
I was wondering if his points are still valid today, or that solutions have already been developed to allow for users to edit NGINX configuration for their domains.

If not, then how do people running shared hosting servers cope with this? (other than going for the hybrid NGINX/Apache solution). It seems to go right against the basic premise of DirectAdmin if users need to contact the system's administrator each time they need something as basic as a rewrite changed/added in the NGINX config, let alone having the admin restart NGINX after each modification.

Or am I overlooking something here?

Last edited:
It seems to go right against the basic premise of DirectAdmin if users need to contact the system's administrator each time they need something as basic as a rewrite changed/added in the NGINX config, let alone having the admin restart NGINX after each modification.

I see that almost 350 people have viewed this topic, but no one responsed. I'm guessing a lot of people are interested in this functionality.

So does anyone think it will be technically feasible? Does anyone know how they tackled this with Plesk or cPanel?

Back