How to Install LFD only not csf

hazhayder

Verified User
Hello, Anyone will please tell me the command so i can LFD only on my directadmin

LFD is part of CSF. Why don't you want CSF? You can easily disable things you don't want in CSF.

ovh.vps

I am using ovh vps classic they dont support csf tell me how to install lfd only

As far as I know there is no way to run LFD without CSF. But if you really want you should contact CSF/LFD community or developers for more reliable answer.

If to see what LFD is and what it does:

Login Failure Daemon (lfd)
To complement the ConfigServer Firewall (csf), we have developed a Login Failure Daemon (lfd) process that runs all the time and periodically (every X seconds) scans the latest log file entries for login attempts against your server that continually fail within a short period of time. Such attempts are often called "Brute-force attacks" and the daemon process responds very quickly to such patterns and blocks offending IP's quickly. Other similar products run every x minutes via cron and as such often miss break-in attempts until after they've finished, our daemon eliminates such long waits and makes it much more effective at performing its task.

http://configserver.com/cp/csf.html

Thus instead of LFD you could use Fail2Ban, or native and built-in BFM (BruteForce Manager) in Directadmin.

OVH VPS based on OpenVZ is missing I guess some kernel modules and that breaks CSF. What do you see with

Code:
/etc/csf/csftest.pl
?

Back