two questions

Youza!

hi there!
I have two questins before buying my licenses:

1) Is it possible to NOT having the bw usage reset every month?
I would like to sell hosting paid pr usage only. So, when someone buys 100gb traffic, they are allowed to use it in, one, two or five months. But when the 100gb is up, their account is suspended. Can that be done with DirectAdmin?

2) When using cpanel i can have a masterserver controlling all dns. So, when setting up a new account on my slaveserver, the dns is automatically setup at the masterserver. Can directadmin be setup like that as well, when running many servers using the same dns? If it cant be done like that, how to do it then?

thanks a lot - hope for positive answers as the CP really looks good.

thanks

John
Youza!

Hello,

1) Yes, you can disable the monthly reset by editing (or removing) the cron job in /etc/cron.d/directadmin_cron

2) We are planning to implement master servers for various things, but for now what you can do is setup the other server as a slave, and have the DirectAdmin as the master. Any changes will be sent to the slave via DNS instead of DirectAdmin doing it. It would require some modifications on the zone.conf template file.

John

DirectAdmin Support said:
Hello,

1) Yes, you can disable the monthly reset by editing (or removing) the cron job in /etc/cron.d/directadmin_cron
So, the bw usage would just be added up, month after month, and all accounts using more than allocated (on a total basis) would be disabled (if i have enabled that feature)?
If so, then this is very good news.
2) We are planning to implement master servers for various things, but for now what you can do is setup the other server as a slave, and have the DirectAdmin as the master. Any changes will be sent to the slave via DNS instead of DirectAdmin doing it. It would require some modifications on the zone.conf template file.

John [/B]

OK, thanks for your (VERY) fast answer

>So, the bw usage would just be added up, month after month, >and all accounts using more than allocated (on a total basis) >would be disabled (if i have enabled that feature)?
>If so, then this is very good news.

Yes, it would all be added up, month after month, until they hit their account limits -- then their account would be disabled.

Mark

Back