Ip changes, now Ip Management page shows "Error" status

charles

I'm in a bit of a panic here. I have moved a Directadmin based VPS server to a new IP block, and have several more to do.

I ordered a new license and followed http://www.directadmin.com/change_ip.txt but now on the ip management page only the first ip assigned to the server and ns1 is ok, the rest have a status of "Error"

How can I get these Ips working again?

thanks
charles

DA support got back to me super fast, thanks!

I feel like such an idiot, but I had manually renamed the ip files in /usr/local/directadmin/data/admin/ips and had not set permissions properly.

:)

All better now, thanks!

charles

I gone a Move my server to!!!

Hi

I am going to move my server from ISP to an other.
Trying to get most information as possible about this project that dos not look very easy. Many scary post on this forum about that.

Please give my your advise of what to do and what not to do.

I am aware about this file swapip.sh but is it realy an automatic and magic solution? Should I plan 5 mins down time or 5 hrs?

Please give me some info.

It really does work. I happened to shoot myself in the foot first.

Allow for a couple of hours (always) but it should only be a few minutes excluding transfer time.

charles

Don't forget to lower the TTLs in your DNS zone files at least a day in advance, so when you make the changes new DNS will propagate quickly.

Jeff

Hi

About the "TTLs in your DNS zone files" Should I change it for every Domain on my server (dns file) or only the DNS server domain name is sufficent.

BRGDS
Marc

Every record in every zone file has it's own TTL, and all must be changed.

If you're changing them manually don't foget to increment the zone serial number.

Jeff

Back