Setting Up Reseller Quotas

xcensus

Verified User
Hi,

I have 2 different settings I wish to try, setting up a limited account of say 20gig bandwidth and 2gb hdd, and as they reseller allocates these, the whole allocation goes against his quota.

But how do I set an overselling feature ? I.e. I allocate him 2gb, and he creates a 200mb web account which only uses 20mb, only this 20mb is actually deducted from his quota etc ?

Hello,

DirectAdmin has 3 types of values for doing its accounting. Usage, Allocation and Maximum Usage. Usage is how much you use, Allocation is how much you've given out, Maximum Usage is the upper limit of how much you can use.

I have 2 different settings I wish to try, setting up a limited account of say 20gig bandwidth and 2gb hdd, and as they reseller allocates these, the whole allocation goes against his quota.
Allocation and actual usage are 2 different things. If you want to prevent the Reseller from allocating more resources than he is allowed, you can uncheck "Allow Reseller Overselling" in the Admin Settings screen.

But how do I set an overselling feature ? I.e. I allocate him 2gb, and he creates a 200mb web account which only uses 20mb, only this 20mb is actually deducted from his quota etc ?
That is how DirectAdmin works normally. Only that actual User usage is counted against the Reseller's usage.

Back