Php-Fpm56 with APCU

paksociety

Verified User
i was trying to install apcu on following configuration
Cb 2.0
webserver:- Nginx-apache
php:- 5.6
mod:- php-fpm

after configuration i tried to install apcu as i was running it on one of my servers but os was centos 6.
suddenly php-fpm gives me following error:-

Job for php-fpm56.service failed. See 'systemctl status php-fpm56.service' and 'journalctl -xn' for details.

i tried to rebuild webserver, than rebuild php than rewrite confs, but again same error was coming.

After digging it for 2 hours, i saw many posts on this forum also but no post had a solution to this only initial error and one answer to check by restarting etc.

What was cause:-
APCU was the cause, as soon as i turned it off , problem solved so what i came to know today is that
Centos7,php5,6 with php-fpm is not compatible with ACPU, you have to use old php version to use apcu with centos.
Also if you are using ubuntu 14 you will also get same error as UBUNTU 14 is also not compatible with apcu while using php-fpm 56.

I am not an expert to tell you why this happend, but in my case apcu was the cause, any expert can tell the answer why???

Regards

Hello,

How did you install APCu? Did you use pecl/pear? Or repositories of your OS?

I installed APCu using this command
pecl install --force apcu

after that i add
extension_dir = "/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20131226/" to my php.ini and also apc.enabled = 1
so that it uses default settings, now apc is showing o minute uptime, why so???

now apcu is working but it is having one problem, i am not able to allocate apc memory more than 64 MB,if i allocate it a memory of more than 64 MB, as it gives mma failed error when i enter command of php -v or any other command of same nature,on sites it gives 500 error

Thread is closed now as problem was vps not any other thing, i was trying to install it on OPENVZ vps which limits the allocated rams, so if you are using OPEN VZ VPS, you can not allocate your desired ram irrespective of fact that you have 8GB or more ram vps. as this will be limited by your vps provider.

Thanks for support.

Regards

And still that depends on a number of parameters set on a master node for a particular VPS, and it's not a widely used and common thing for OpenVZ. OpenVZ by itself does not limit you here. But of course it's better to use KVM based VPS (or other) as you've got more control here.

Back