2nd re-install.. crashed again

thehostworks

Verified User
RH 9.0

Trying to make php...
/bin/sh /usr/local/directadmin/customapache/php-4.3.9/libtool --silent --preserve-dup-deps --mode=compile gcc -I/usr/local/directadmin/customapache/php-4.3.9/ext/mysql/libmysql -Iext/mysql/ -I/usr/local/directadmin/customapache/php-4.3.9/ext/mysql/ -DPHP_ATOM_INC -I/usr/local/directadmin/customapache/php-4.3.9/include -I/usr/local/directadmin/customapache/php-4.3.9/main -I/usr/local/directadmin/customapache/php-4.3.9 -I/usr/local/directadmin/customapache/php-4.3.9/Zend -I/usr/kerberos/include -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/directadmin/customapache/php-4.3.9/ext/xml/expat -I/usr/local/directadmin/customapache/php-4.3.9/TSRM -g -O2 -prefer-pic -c /usr/local/directadmin/customapache/php-4.3.9/ext/mysql/libmysql/libmysql.c -o ext/mysql/libmysql/libmysql.lo
In file included from /usr/local/directadmin/customapache/php-4.3.9/ext/mysql/libmysql/libmysql.c:11:
/usr/local/directadmin/customapache/php-4.3.9/ext/mysql/libmysql/m_string.h:183: parse error before "__extension__"
/usr/local/directadmin/customapache/php-4.3.9/ext/mysql/libmysql/m_string.h:183: parse error before '&&' token
make: *** [ext/mysql/libmysql/libmysql.lo] Error 1

*** The make has failed, do you want to try to make again? (y,n):

Any ideas? This is the second time the install crashed, two different places.

Is this a custom apache run ? Because the mysql_devel package doesn't look to be installed.

You can try to download/install/compile the mysql_devel rpm/tarball

I did force the installs (they were already installed) and still no luck on the make command

HELP!

I manually ran configure.php and then make and still get:

/bin/sh /usr/local/directadmin/customapache/php-4.3.9/libtool --silent --preserve-dup-deps --mode=compile gcc -I/usr/local/directadmin/customapache/php-4.3.9/ext/mysql/libmysql -Iext/mysql/ -I/usr/local/directadmin/customapache/php-4.3.9/ext/mysql/ -DPHP_ATOM_INC -I/usr/local/directadmin/customapache/php-4.3.9/include -I/usr/local/directadmin/customapache/php-4.3.9/main -I/usr/local/directadmin/customapache/php-4.3.9 -I/usr/local/directadmin/customapache/php-4.3.9/Zend -I/usr/kerberos/include -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/directadmin/customapache/php-4.3.9/ext/xml/expat -I/usr/local/directadmin/customapache/php-4.3.9/TSRM -g -O2 -prefer-pic -c /usr/local/directadmin/customapache/php-4.3.9/ext/mysql/php_mysql.c -o ext/mysql/php_mysql.lo
/bin/sh /usr/local/directadmin/customapache/php-4.3.9/libtool --silent --preserve-dup-deps --mode=compile gcc -I/usr/local/directadmin/customapache/php-4.3.9/ext/mysql/libmysql -Iext/mysql/ -I/usr/local/directadmin/customapache/php-4.3.9/ext/mysql/ -DPHP_ATOM_INC -I/usr/local/directadmin/customapache/php-4.3.9/include -I/usr/local/directadmin/customapache/php-4.3.9/main -I/usr/local/directadmin/customapache/php-4.3.9 -I/usr/local/directadmin/customapache/php-4.3.9/Zend -I/usr/kerberos/include -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/directadmin/customapache/php-4.3.9/ext/xml/expat -I/usr/local/directadmin/customapache/php-4.3.9/TSRM -g -O2 -prefer-pic -c /usr/local/directadmin/customapache/php-4.3.9/ext/mysql/libmysql/libmysql.c -o ext/mysql/libmysql/libmysql.lo
In file included from /usr/local/directadmin/customapache/php-4.3.9/ext/mysql/libmysql/libmysql.c:11:
/usr/local/directadmin/customapache/php-4.3.9/ext/mysql/libmysql/m_string.h:183: parse error before "__extension__"
/usr/local/directadmin/customapache/php-4.3.9/ext/mysql/libmysql/m_string.h:183: parse error before '&&' token
make: *** [ext/mysql/libmysql/libmysql.lo] Error 1
[root@d160 php-4.3.9]#

Strange behavior. wich distro are you running ?

And maybe it's better to take this to DA (support @ directadmin.com

RedHat 9

I am speaking with DA currently, they will do the install and see what the problem is.

Its weird because ive installed DA 10's of times, and this is the first problem I really ran into.

Hmm...

I did just update to php 4.3.9 but didn't run into any problems with testing it. You can downgrade back to 4.3.8 (to test) by editing the "./build" script and changing the version at the top. Then run "./build update_data" and try to "./build php" again.

John

Ill see what the tech thats in there now says when hes done, I am not sure whos handling it, but someone from DA is working on it as we speak

Thanks

Dave

Back