SpamBlocker 4.4.1 released

received error on update:
Starting exim: 2015-12-05 16:22:31 Exim configuration error in line 1 of /etc/exim.srs.conf:
main option "srs_config" unknown

I have the same problem as vancanneyt after upgrading to exim.conf 4.4.x, and exim is down. I had to comment out all lines related to srs in exim.conf to be able to start exim process again.

Is SRS compiled into exim? eg:
Code:
[root@server ~]# exim -bV | grep '^Support for:'
Support for: crypteq IPv6 Perl OpenSSL move_frozen_messages Content_Scanning DKIM Old_Demime PRDR OCSP Experimental_SPF [B]Experimental_SRS[/B]
If not, try recompiling exim with CB2:
http://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=125

John

I checked now and SRS is not to be found:

Code:
[root@server ~]# exim -bV | grep '^Support for:'
Support for: crypteq IPv6 Perl OpenSSL move_frozen_messages Content_Scanning DKIM Old_Demime DNSSEC PRDR OCSP
[root@server ~]#

However I did recompile exim, and I have the newest exim. So what can I do?

I have these in /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild:

exim-4.86.tar.gz
exim.conf.dovecot.patch
exim_boot
exim_debian
exim_freebsd

Could it help to delete those and then recompile exim again? Remember I have already recompiled exim several times. I am running CentOS 7.1 and newest CB 2.0

Try this:
Code:
./build set exim yes
./build set easy_spam_fighter [B]yes[/B]
./build exim
and if you don't want ESF install, then set it back to no again.

If you do, then see this:
http://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=576

We'll likely need to tweak CB2 to include SRS2 even if ESF isn't enabled.

John

I don't want ESF. But I will try your work-around later today. However please make a fix for this. It seems like a bug if you need to enable ESF in order to have newest exim.conf working correctly.

Edit: By the way, there should be no need to do ./build set exim yes as I already have exim activated in options.conf

Edit: What happen if I do ./build exim after I have set ESF back to no again? Will I loose ESF support in exim then? I think so. Therefor I will wait. Please fix the bug and include ESF in custombuild also when we don't have ESF set to yes

Last edited:
Fix is already on files1. SRS is now enabled in the exim compile for either ESF or SB 4.4+
The workaround was just to confirm the bug, but it was pretty clear once checked.

Thanks for the report!

John

Back