how to add and manage licence for my skin

shivahost

Verified User
Dear friends,

I am working on a new responsive skin, Could you please help me how I can add a license based on server IP on that?

Well, are .html, but as far as i can see from some skins, they have <?php tag in them, so i guess PHP is working aswell.

Regards

Hello,

Andrea is right here. The skins files have inclusions of PHP code which is encrypted in a separate set of classes or functions. Note, if you simply add a PHP code to check license then it might be not secure. You need to ship functionality in PHP code.

directadmin skin file are html files! How I can manage licence for these files!?

Hello,

Andrea is right here. The skins files have inclusions of PHP code which is encrypted in a separate set of classes or functions. Note, if you simply add a PHP code to check license then it might be not secure. You need to ship functionality in PHP code.

I would like to manage licence like "Darwin skin", How I can do it?

Or could I use something like zend encoder?

Feel free to ask the "Darwin skin" developers about it. Or probably other guys here know more about the "Darwin skin" and will share their ideas.

Feel free to ask the "Darwin skin" developers about it. Or probably other guys here know more about the "Darwin skin" and will share their ideas.

pm sent, no answer yet from developer!

I changed all skin files to .php and everything works fine. maybe I use WHMCS licencing addon

Wait... WHMCS licencing addon supposes that you encode your PHP files with IonCube for example, of course if you don't afraid that your kin will be NULLed. If you encode templates, directadmin won't be able to read them, thus they will be ruined.

Wait... WHMCS licencing addon supposes that you encode your PHP files with IonCube for example, of course if you don't afraid that your kin will be NULLed. If you encode templates, directadmin won't be able to read them, thus they will be ruined.

this is why I opened this topic! How I can manage licence for DA Skin if ioncube does not help!?

Buy any paid skin or use a trial version where it's possible and see how they are done from inside.

Buy any paid skin or use a trial version where it's possible and see how they are done from inside.

I have Darwin skin! but its files are open source and I couldn't find out how its developer manages its licence!

I think darwin skin only checks licence for downloading and updating with a download.php file! It is not a secure method! and all skin files are open source!

I also tried ioncube for encryption of skin files but there is no success!

Why do you want to sell licenses?

As mentioned earlier, you can go at least three ways:

1. Trust your users and do not encode any file and sell the skin at a low price, so that it would be easier/safer to buy the skin from the trusted place/market/site.

2. Do not encode any file of a skin either, and write a script to autoupdate the skin, and on the server side you would check whether or not user has a valid license to download a skin. Darwin Skin seems to follow this way. Quick way to run skin.

3. Add in skin files PHP code which would include an encoded PHP script which would periodically connect to your server and verify license. License verification will slow down browsing DA in certain cases. And what if your server will be down? How much will an user allowed to use the skin without verification? And what your PHP code will do? It should add extra functionality...What if they remove the PHP script or replace it with an empty PHP file? If the only purpose of a PHP script to verify license your skin will be easily nulled. CyberAdmin skin seems to follow this way, they add extra functionality with custom PHP script and verify licenses with it.

Why do you want to sell licenses?

As mentioned earlier, you can go at least three ways:

1. Trust your users and do not encode any file and sell the skin at a low price, so that it would be easier/safer to buy the skin from the trusted place/market/site.

2. Do not encode any file of a skin either, and write a script to autoupdate the skin, and on the server side you would check whether or not user has a valid license to download a skin. Darwin Skin seems to follow this way. Quick way to run skin.

3. Add in skin files PHP code which would include an encoded PHP script which would periodically connect to your server and verify license. License verification will slow down browsing DA in certain cases. And what if your server will be down? How much will an user allowed to use the skin without verification? And what your PHP code will do? It should add extra functionality...What if they remove the PHP script or replace it with an empty PHP file? If the only purpose of a PHP script to verify license your skin will be easily nulled. CyberAdmin skin seems to follow this way, they add extra functionality with custom PHP script and verify licenses with it.

I am going to do what Darwin did! Best protection is : Support and update!

Back