Help with Internal Server Error?

RealNames

Verified User
Hi, Desperately trying to solve this problem. It seems to be a common error what with 31,000 returns on Google.

When accessing links on a website (which uses CGI) I recently purchased and installed on my colocated dedicated server I always get the error message below.

Most of the Google returns when searching the actual long error message do not seem to offer any help at all. The minority which offer advice are no help to me as I tried most of the suggestions with the problem still persisting. Any help from the forum would be great.

----------------------------------------

Internal Server Error The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. Please contact the server administrator ..... and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error. More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Last edited:
Since DA uses suexec to execute CGI scripts, you need the file to be owned by the domainowner and permissions of at least 755 where group or other has no write permissions. Take a look at http://apache-server.com/tutorials/LPsuexec.html for info on suexec and what needs to be done to prevent those errors. DA should have created the correct permissions on the directories, but it wouldn't hurt to verify they are correct.

Tried to check to see if permissions were set to 755 on the 3 html files. However, the 2 html files in the cgi folder and its html sub-folder are for some odd reason invisible when the folder is viewed using the direct admin file manager (only the index file in the main folder is there).

However, when using ws-ftp the 2 html files are indeed there. Can't check or change permissions since they are not there according to the DA file manager. Newly uploaded them several times to the server successfully but still invisible.

What can I do?

That probably means that the permissions are incorrect. The Filemanager will not show files that are not owned by you or that you have insufficient permission to see.

You may be able to change the permissions through ftp or ssh ;)

Back