Status
Not open for further replies.

DirectAdmin Support

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

We're pleased to announce that our new website is ready for testing:
https://newsite.directadmin.com/

please give it a try, and if you happen to be buying a new license, feel free to test it out, poke at it, etc, so it can get some real world testing before set is as the main site.

We'll probably keep it open for public testing for at least a few weeks, just to ensure it's working correctly.
The current/old site will go up as oldsite.directadmin.com once we convert to the new one, just for a while anyway.

John

Thanks for the input. We can consider design changes as needed. We're mainly concerned about the actual functionality of the scripts. Eg: if a license is purchased, it works correctly, etc..

The other pages will eventually get converted too. Just one step at a time :)

FYI, help.da and da/versions is integrated into most of the pages on the new site.
Top right has a real-time ajax search which scours both DBs for info.

John

It's looking very nice! A much needed update tbh ;)

But the thing that interests me most is a new skin screenshot on the frontpage. Can we expect a new skin with a more up-to-date design? That would really be great!

Looks really nice but I agree with davidd1 that the pricing page looks too dark.

WOW! The new site is awesome.... but like others said, the princing page is very dark...

Seems DA will also get a new default skin... The screenshot on the home page Looks pretty nice!

Looks wonderful! What we can see of the new skin looks great too.

Is site-helper.com going to get a similar redo?

I like it very much and I also checked the client login.
Which looks way better then before, modern look and a lot of info visible. It's also nice that you can change your OS now yourselve.
However, it would be nicer, especially for people with lifetime licenses, if they also could change the license ip themselves. Maybe with some kind of security that you can only change it once a month yourself and you have to contact DA to change it more often if needed or something like that.

P.s. the font of the icons on the main page is a bit small, looks like 6 or 7 point, could be better 8 point to give a better options overview.

Maybe also add a thin blue line between the upper part and "Why Directadmin? Five reasons" because that's a big fat white block down there now, which doesn't look all too good.
Next to that, the 5 reasons are missing. :)
The icons are there, but no reasons, not even on hovering over them. Should be little words above the icons to show the reasons too.

Pricing page is overall to dark which does not looks inviting to buy imho.

Maybe also add a thin blue line between the upper part and "Why Directadmin? Five reasons" because that's a big fat white block down there now, which doesn't look all too good.
Next to that, the 5 reasons are missing. :)
The icons are there, but no reasons, not even on hovering over them. Should be little words above the icons to show the reasons too.

Pricing page is overall to dark which does not looks inviting to buy imho.

Strange, may you attach a screenshot and name the browser used? Reasons should be listed below the icons. Please see the attachment.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-03-18 at 20.31.49.png
    Screen Shot 2016-03-18 at 20.31.49.png
    74.1 KB · Views: 334
finally :)
No offense but the current website and skin look 90s and outdated :)

It's quite modern and way better than the old one. It just lacks the pleasant flow of the story you see in modern websites, eg. cPanel. Now content is too crowded below the fold, with too much copy so you don't know what to pay attention to. You should really look into placing your story well so you keep grabbing your visitor's attention.

Pricing page:

- I like the way the whole package area is clickable.

- I would suggest a light styling as well.

- The Cloudlinux package is out of place. Standard and Cloudlinux are 2 different license solutions and should not be on top of each other, especially in the same layout. It's like having shared hosting packages on top of vps packages on the same page. You really want to have those 2 sections separate to not confuse the user. You can either have a switch button on top for Standard Server <> CloudLinux Server or have the Cloudlinux license solution as a simple call to action that leads to another landing page.

Also explain the difference between standard and Cloudlinux licenses for people who don't know about Cloudlinux in one clear sentence.

Good job so far! Looking forward to the new skin.

Reasons should be listed below the icons. Please see the attachment.
Sorry my browser must have had issues, had some with other forums too that day. Removed some malware and things are OK now again. I'm using then newest Firefox version.

However, I use a screenresolution of 1400x900 and you have to scroll to see the 5 reasons. So it's still better to have a thin seperating line to prevent the big white, and put the reasons above the icons, so people can see it without scrolling.
We don't all have 1600x1200 or higher resolution, so with 5 reasons above the icons it instantly stands out.

I attached a screenshot.

You can also see the font with the upper icons is too small, almost unreadable.

Attachments

• da-newsite.png
    da-newsite.png
    110.9 KB · Views: 437
Sorry my browser must have had issues, had some with other forums too that day. Removed some malware and things are OK now again. I'm using then newest Firefox version.

However, I use a screenresolution of 1400x900 and you have to scroll to see the 5 reasons. So it's still better to have a thin seperating line to prevent the big white, and put the reasons above the icons, so people can see it without scrolling.
We don't all have 1600x1200 or higher resolution, so with 5 reasons above the icons it instantly stands out.

I attached a screenshot.

You can also see the font with the upper icons is too small, almost unreadable.

I don't see any small letters there. Are they seen in the screenshot attached?

OMG, you want to say you don't see any small letters in the screenshot? LoL. :)
Oke I made a new screenshot, put some arrows in there for you. Due to the fact that this screenshot is small, the letters look bigger, but even then they are still very small.
For advertising icons, it might be ok, but for sentences as "view hier your account data" and "view more" .... at least these should be a little bigger.

Attachments

• da-small.jpg
    da-small.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 469
Richard,

It seems you write about a screenshot of a new skin for directadmin, it's not a navigation of a new site.

zEitEr said:
It seems you write about a screenshot of a new skin for directadmin, it's not a navigation of a new site.
I think you are mistaken Alex.

Directadmin Support said:
We're pleased to announce that our new website is ready for testing:
https://newsite.directadmin.com/
Looks to me I'm taking screenshots from the main page the new site, not of some DA skin.

What should we test then? Only functionality?

I thought the new skin was also ready and improvement comments could be made. I've misunderstood if that is not the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back