da-popb4smtp not working on fbsd 5.x

apryan

Verified User
Hey John, can you update da-popb4smtp to possibly work on fbsd 5.x? Thats the only program I wasn't able to get working. Everything else works fine.

thanks

Hello,

What about it wasn't working?

It checks the /var/log/maillog for entries that matches one of the following:
Code:
Jul 20 13:58:34 server vm-pop3d[32587]: Connect from 1.2.3.4
Jul 20 13:58:34 server vm-pop3d[32587]: User 'bob' of 'domain.com' logged in
Jul 20 13:58:35 server vm-pop3d[32587]: Session ended for user: bob

Jul 21 16:02:49 server vm-pop3d[6335]: User 'bob' logged in from 1.2.3.4, nmsgs=0
Jul 21 16:02:49 server vm-pop3d[6335]: Session ended for user: 'bob' from 1.2.3.4, nmsgs=0, ndel=0
You should see one of those 2 login/logout sets. As long as the da-popb4smtp program is running, it should be chugging (lightly) away, checking the file for changes every few seconds. If there are any issues, they should show up in /var/log/directadmin/da-popb4smtp.log.

John

Sorry about posting it in the wrong forum, i had thought about posting it here but thought of it as a "version upgrade" instead.

I know what the program does as it worked 100% perfectly when I got DA on my 4.x box. I just got DA up on my fbsd 5.3 box and it all works wonderfully except for da-popb4smtp. When I try to run it via the /usr/local/etc/rc.d script, it gives me the usual 32bit error ive been seeing with other binary only applications.

You said it "wasn't" working? So I guess that means you fixed it to work? :)
Just trying to clarify.

In addition to that, note that I have another post regarding the "Enhanced" template system I'd like you to look at. It's on http://www.directadmin.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5315

The DA binary seems to work fine. Is there any way I can just redownload the popb4smtp binary again if it is fixed? Let me know.

txs

Technicall yes. Though it says "5.3-STABLE". :) But as I got it the day it came out, its most likly not much different.

Back