Cannot assign requested address

bradstockdale

Verified User
Greetings,

I'm trying to get DirectAdmin installed on a RH9 system currently. It gets part way through the installation... Downloads some RPM's and installs them... Then it tries to receive update.tgz from www.directadmin.com port 443. It continually fails with "Cannot assign requested address" as the error...

Anyone seen this before?

On a side note, the system isn't on its final IP (the one in the license file) yet... I have to get everything working on it and then drive it to our server room and only then will it get its permanent static IP. Reading through the forum and such about licensing, it stated that there was a 7 day grace period when it couldnt reach the license server. I assumed this meant I could install it and then drive the server into its permanent home... Is the IP the reason it wont install?

Thanks,
Brad

Hey,

Yes, to the best of my knowledge the IP is probably why the install is failing.

I think the 7 day grace period is for once the software is installed and it tries to update the license. That's where the 7 days comes into play.

David

The install will always fall at the wrong IP#.

The grace period is only in effect when a renewal fails because the update server can't connect to your server.

Jeff

Back