This IP is being shared among many domains.

cirious

I am new with DA, I have installed multiple domain accounts so far put I am having problems with a particular domain which I am using a specific dedicated ip and custom dns servers. I am getting an "Shared IP" error message: "This IP is being shared among many domains. To view the domain you are looking for, simply enter the domain name in the location bar of your web browser."

I don't what the problem is???? I own ip addresses from 206.51.236.212 (server ip) to 206.51.236.223. The domain is called www.secure-guard.com. The ip of the domain is 206.51.236.214 and custom name servers are ns1.secure-guard.com (206.51.236.214) and ns2.secure-guard.com (206.51.236.215).

I installed and re-installed the domain without any success and I waited 24-48 hours just like godaddy said before my dns to take effect. Can you please help me???

Thanks,

Anthony

Your domain appears to not be set up properly.

Since it's impossible to track the problem without logging into your server, I'd suggest you contact DirectAdmin support.

Jeff

I'm getting this now with one of mine. Any ideas?

Hi Guys,

I had the same Issue. You need to check the ips.conf file and add the domain names. Each Ip's will be having different virtual host entry .... add domain name in that virtual host entry and correct document root ;)

For eg: The virtual host will look like:

NameVirtualHost 192.168.1.3:80
NameVirtualHost 192.168.1.3:443
<VirtualHost 192.168.1.3:80>
ServerName shared.domain
ScriptAliasMatch ^/~([^/]+)/+cgi-bin/+(.*) /home/$1/public_html/cgi-bin/$2
AliasMatch ^/~([^/]+)(/.*)* /home/$1/public_html$2
DocumentRoot /home/mojo/domains/sharedip

User mojo
Group mojo

CustomLog /var/log/httpd/homedir.log homedir
</VirtualHost>

Change the ServerName shared.domain to corresponding domain name and
set the " DocumentRoot /home/mojo/domains/sharedip" to the path where your web files are stored ;)

That's it now restart apache.

How it goes ;)

You should be able to find any file on Linux or FreeBSD by logging into the shell, as root, and running:
Code:
# locate filename
In this case you'd use:
Code:
# locate ips.conf
You don't type the # sign; it's just there to remind you that you have to be root.

Jeff

Back