E-Commerce Software

Marque DeWinter

Verified User
I was wondering if anyone had any advice on specific e-commerce packages and how well they worked with DA. Currently I'm most interested in oscommerce, but still making the decision.

Thanx,
marque

i think oscommerce and others run very well with DA as long as it support php, mysql or cgi-bin.

Marque DeWinter said:
I was wondering if anyone had any advice on specific e-commerce packages and how well they worked with DA. Currently I'm most interested in oscommerce, but still making the decision.

Thanx,
marque

oscommerce seems to be a mature product with a number of good modules written. I understand the forums are good for support too.

Rob

I'll third the oscommerce suggestion as well. Overall, it's a good package, mature, and open source. Additionally, there are many member contributions to the package if some of your needs are not met by the core installation. Couple of things to consider:

1) there is a learning curve (tax setup being a big one), but the forums will be your friend
2) it may be overkill if you are only selling a few products
3) skinning and templating, while getting easier, is still some work

Good luck!
Be well, TR

I have used both Magento and CS-Cart and I can say that Magento wins hands down in terms of :
-available extensions and modules
-search engine optimization
-wide store management possibilities including products’ comparison
-wish lists and smart customer accounts.

Effective multiple store management is Magento considerable advantage.
Concerning CS-Cart, it has some benefits in terms of easy installation, as it's quite lightweight in comparison to Magento.
If you are planning little business without rapid development in the near future, CS-Cart will be quite enough for you.
Magento is really demanding in terms of hosting, investment, efforts, so it better suits large size stores.

Back