upload db, no data?

lnguyen

Verified User
I'm trying to upload a database for one of my clients, and for some reason, DA pops up a "document contains no data" window.

The only discrepency I have is the database names are mismatched. It was downloaded via DA though.

Is there any easy way to restore this? I'm not too familiar w/ php in the shell, but I'm pretty sure there's something easier than just manually doing it through phpmyadmin.

Thanks
Linh

Lynn, we've restored databases in the past by just copying over the database files.

But we've done it for an entire server at a time; I don't really know what will happen if you try that for one database.

Jeff

One other thing, in IE, i get a page cannot be found after trying to upload. The "document contains no data" message was w/in firefox.

Jeff, the main thing I need to do is restore .gz database from DA to a differently named one.

for example, I have user_db1.gz, downloaded from within DA. Now I want to restore this to the user_db2 database. But I get the errors from before.

Note, this is a very large database, 13MB in the gzipped.

What's in the list of files, Lynn?

(in other words, can you unzip it to test directory and look to see what's in it?)

Jeff

it's just a bunch of mysql commands to recreate the tables. Or rather, it's one file with those commands. A mysql dump basically.

Have you tried uploading it to the system (SCP or SSH) and then running it manually on the server?

Note my PM to you as well.

Jeff

thanks jeff, worked that way.

Does anyone happen to know why I couldn't restore this database through the UI?

You're welcome.

I read a post recently that said database restore files over 2m would have to be done through the shell.

Perhaps it's a max upload size issue?

Jeff

hrmm.. I saw that for phpmyadmin, didn't know it was limited to the DA database restore as well.

If that is the case, a better, more informative error message should be included there, or some kind of notice.

Back