can't log in

homam

hello
why some of my customers con't log in to directAdmin control panel
and the user name and password are correct?????!!!:confused:

Last edited:
Hello,

I cannot determine the problem without any information. Please send an email to [email protected] with full sever information and a detailed description of the problem, and we'll be able to assist you.

John

i'll try to descripe the problem

i am using windows XP with IE6 update versions:SP1;Q818529;Q813489
when i try to log in to Direct admin reseller or user, on one of my computes,
they ask me to enter the user name and password again and i enter the user name and password but they re ask to enter username and password it's hopeless
some of my customers have the same problem
some times i can log in to one page but after that the control panel re ask me to enter the user name and password
is the problem with coockis i make IE6 to acsept all coockis but it's hopeless
i think it can not save the session

this problem hapened in demo directadmin cp
and in my reseller acount and in user acount

i have another computer with the same os and web browser and every thing is OK

plese help me...

Last edited:
Hello,

I believe there is a problem with IE6 and service pack 1. Try upgrading to the latest service pack.

John

I have the same problem. Most of my customers face the same problem.
The DirectAdmin ask them for login every time they click on any thing ! :confused: especially those who uses old versions of IE.

What the problem could be?? It's not logical to ask everyone of my customers to upgrade his IE !!!

Hello,

The sessions system is very basic and simple, but requires that cookies be enabled and functioning properly. If they arn't working, they can't tell DirectAdmin the session ID that they were provided during their login, so DirectAdmin thinks that they are a brand new user, thus showing them the login screen. Not sure what else I can say.. if their browser isn't working properly, they won't be able to login.

John

Hi John,

Can you elaborate on the service pack 1 issue? Just because I'm in the middle of a very large custom-spec CMS project and the client has experienced problems when using the admin section, his IE crashes when he tries to edit entries using textareas.

Maybe the SP1 issue is what's causing it?

Much appreciated,
Matt :)

Hello,

Sorry, I can't offer any additional information as I don't have any... all I know was that some people were having troubles, they upgraded and it worked. I'm not sure exactly what was going on.

As for IE crashing... I don't know what's going on there. Could you specify which textarea is causing this? Even if there is a typo, bad html is *not* supposed to crash a web browser.

John

It was just a normal textbox, no unusual code...

I'll suggest the upgrade to my client.

Thanks John :)

Thank you all

Maybe i find where the problem
DirectAdmin have no problem
let me explane
I am And AN@S from Syria
All Syria Work throw 2 ISP
and those ISP close all ports only port 80 is alowded to use and all secure protocols like https and other are disabled
only they alowed http
do you know that the hotmail is forbidden

now i can use direct admin with some programes that pass the proxy :D and every thimg is ok so i think the problem is with ISP :mad:

we are very sorry my friends :( :(

Hello,

If you can't figure it out, just send root info and ip, along with a sample account to test with to [email protected] so we can see if the problem is with DA, your ISP or webbrowser :)

John

Back