DirectAdmin 1.51.0 Release Candidate

Status
Not open for further replies.

DirectAdmin Support

Administrator
Staff member
Hello!

We're very pleased to announce the release candidate for DirectAdmin 1.51.0.

Version: RC3
Updated: Feb 6th, 12:43am MST

This contains numerous new features and bug fixes.
There are also some security fixes which we'll describe in more detail after the release is out.

Many of the changes are in preparation for the new skin, but if you're a skin designer yourself, you're more than welcome to use them in your skin (ajax, search, etc..)

The full list of changes are here:
https://www.directadmin.com/versions.php?version=1.510000

Main things we'll probably want to focus on while testing:
- direct_imap_backup is now enabled by default. Check to see if hard links created by dovecot cause any issues, else we may need to load up the extra_backup_options.

that's thing only thing that's unknown for me.. the rest should "work", else it's a bug.

----

As for new features, the list is rather huge, so won't list them all:
- dovecot_sni (exim_sni in there, but not quite done yet)
- suspend templates folder
- filemanager supports multiple file[] uploads (can ctrl-click select many files at once, for new skin, enhanced not changed)

New features for the new skin (but any skin can use them)
- skins.conf for per-skin settings (helps DA to control hardcoded things like tables)
- ability to search for commands, users, domain, databases, emails, all in the search bar, and it isn't a pig! :)
- filemanger recursive search.
- json out for filemanager, tickets, and a few other areas.

----

As usual, to install them, grab the pre-release binaries:
https://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=408

The version will still show 1.50.1, so you'd use "./directadmin o" to see the compile date.

But I've also added the ability to get the pre-release binaries via the daupdate script by adding channel=beta to the GET line, so that a /client login isn't required, eg:
https://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=29&in2=1234&channel=beta
(forgive me for the hackiness of the example :))

If you find any issues, please post them here so we don't get duplicates.
Please avoid emailing us the issues (unless they're security related) as in release candidacy, they're lower priority fixes.
If we don't see the forum post after a few days, please notify us of the post.

I do expect there to be some issues, simply due to the huge number of internal changes in DA with regards to the new skin, and new features. (but entirely possible it's "perfect" on the first try ;))
Sorry, the new skin is not in this update, but is moving forward. Still work to do.

John

Hi John,

please clarify: https://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=1907 say:
to be on by default. This will greatly speed up backup times for server with a lot of email data, because it includes the imap folder directly into the final tar.gz file, rather than first copying it, then including the copy. If you do not want it, you can turn it off by adding this to your directadmin.conf: direct_imap_backup=0

and in: https://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=1834 say:
New option, disabled by default: direct_imap_backup=0 but can be enabled by adding: direct_imap_backup=1 into your directadmin.conf.

i think great feature is to add max password age.
it will be very great

Hi guys,

I've uploaded RC3, with a few last minute changes:
- ftp_list.php bug with ftps for absolute paths on non-chrooted backup ftp accounts
- Converted awstats to run as the User, just want to make sure the conversion works correctly.

I've pushed the release until tomorrow, just to make sure the above hasn't broken anything major.
For anyone willing, the RC3 binaries are uploaded to the pre-release section.
Let me know if you find any issues.

John

All my accounts have an awstats.old directory next to the awstats directory. Will this awstats.old be skipped in the final release or removed after conversion? This will cause a lot of issues with account limits, since awstats directories can grow over 100 MB in size (years of statistics).

Thanks for testing.

Manually check to see why it's not being removed:
Code:
cd /home/[B]username[/B]/domains/[B]domain.com[/B]
diff -rq awstats awstats.old; echo $?
We want them to match, so should spit out "0" at the end.
If not, let us know what it says.

Note, you can always purge the .old folders by temporarily editing the script
Code:
/usr/local/directadmin/scripts/awstats_process.sh
and set
Code:
CLEAR_AWSTATS_OLD=1
and let the awstats run.
The script will add the task.queue entry to have the dataskq remove them (called without any checks at the very end of the awstats_process.sh)

However, as this is the testing pile, we should figure out why it didn't get removed and fix it, prior to the full release.

Or, if you'd like to send us your info, we could quickly determine the issue (submit via tickets.directadmin.com)

John

output:

[root@server domain.com]# diff -rq awstats awstats.old; echo $?
Files awstats/awstats.domain.com.1701.alldomains.html and awstats.old/awstats.domain.com.1701.alldomains.html differ
Files awstats/awstats.domain.com.1701.allhosts.html and awstats.old/awstats.domain.com.1701.allhosts.html differ
Files awstats/awstats.domain.com.1701.allrobots.html and awstats.old/awstats.domain.com.1701.allrobots.html differ
Files awstats/awstats.domain.com.1701.browserdetail.html and awstats.old/awstats.domain.com.1701.browserdetail.html differ
Files awstats/awstats.domain.com.1701.downloads.html and awstats.old/awstats.domain.com.1701.downloads.html differ
Files awstats/awstats.domain.com.1701.errors400.html and awstats.old/awstats.domain.com.1701.errors400.html differ
Files awstats/awstats.domain.com.1701.errors403.html and awstats.old/awstats.domain.com.1701.errors403.html differ
Files awstats/awstats.domain.com.1701.errors404.html and awstats.old/awstats.domain.com.1701.errors404.html differ
Files awstats/awstats.domain.com.1701.html and awstats.old/awstats.domain.com.1701.html differ
Files awstats/awstats.domain.com.1701.keyphrases.html and awstats.old/awstats.domain.com.1701.keyphrases.html differ
Files awstats/awstats.domain.com.1701.keywords.html and awstats.old/awstats.domain.com.1701.keywords.html differ
Files awstats/awstats.domain.com.1701.lasthosts.html and awstats.old/awstats.domain.com.1701.lasthosts.html differ
Files awstats/awstats.domain.com.1701.lastrobots.html and awstats.old/awstats.domain.com.1701.lastrobots.html differ
Files awstats/awstats.domain.com.1701.osdetail.html and awstats.old/awstats.domain.com.1701.osdetail.html differ
Files awstats/awstats.domain.com.1701.refererpages.html and awstats.old/awstats.domain.com.1701.refererpages.html differ
Files awstats/awstats.domain.com.1701.refererse.html and awstats.old/awstats.domain.com.1701.refererse.html differ
Files awstats/awstats.domain.com.1701.session.html and awstats.old/awstats.domain.com.1701.session.html differ
Files awstats/awstats.domain.com.1701.unknownbrowser.html and awstats.old/awstats.domain.com.1701.unknownbrowser.html differ
Files awstats/awstats.domain.com.1701.unknownip.html and awstats.old/awstats.domain.com.1701.unknownip.html differ
Files awstats/awstats.domain.com.1701.unknownos.html and awstats.old/awstats.domain.com.1701.unknownos.html differ
Files awstats/awstats.domain.com.1701.urldetail.html and awstats.old/awstats.domain.com.1701.urldetail.html differ
Files awstats/awstats.domain.com.1701.urlentry.html and awstats.old/awstats.domain.com.1701.urlentry.html differ
Files awstats/awstats.domain.com.1701.urlexit.html and awstats.old/awstats.domain.com.1701.urlexit.html differ
Only in awstats: awstats.domain.com.1702.alldomains.html
Only in awstats: awstats.domain.com.1702.allhosts.html
Only in awstats: awstats.domain.com.1702.allrobots.html
Only in awstats: awstats.domain.com.1702.browserdetail.html
Only in awstats: awstats.domain.com.1702.downloads.html
Only in awstats: awstats.domain.com.1702.errors400.html
Only in awstats: awstats.domain.com.1702.errors403.html
Only in awstats: awstats.domain.com.1702.errors404.html
Only in awstats: awstats.domain.com.1702.html
Only in awstats: awstats.domain.com.1702.keyphrases.html
Only in awstats: awstats.domain.com.1702.keywords.html
Only in awstats: awstats.domain.com.1702.lasthosts.html
Only in awstats: awstats.domain.com.1702.lastrobots.html
Only in awstats: awstats.domain.com.1702.osdetail.html
Only in awstats: awstats.domain.com.1702.refererpages.html
Only in awstats: awstats.domain.com.1702.refererse.html
Only in awstats: awstats.domain.com.1702.session.html
Only in awstats: awstats.domain.com.1702.unknownbrowser.html
Only in awstats: awstats.domain.com.1702.unknownip.html
Only in awstats: awstats.domain.com.1702.unknownos.html
Only in awstats: awstats.domain.com.1702.urldetail.html
Only in awstats: awstats.domain.com.1702.urlentry.html
Only in awstats: awstats.domain.com.1702.urlexit.html
Files awstats/.data/awstats012017.domain.com.txt and awstats.old/.data/awstats012017.domain.com.txt differ
Only in awstats/.data: awstats022017.domain.com.txt
Files awstats/.data/awstats.domain.com.conf and awstats.old/.data/awstats.domain.com.conf differ
Only in awstats/.data: awstats.www.domain.com.conf
Files awstats/index.html and awstats.old/index.html differ

I guess the reason why awstats.old is not removed is because awstats_process.sh contains within convert_awstast_to_user():
#TODO after it's reliable:
#rm -rf ${STATS_DIR}.old

Besides that the function name contains a typo in the word AWSTATS: convert_awstast_to_user

Oh, I'm referring to RC3.. I think you've got an older script.. so that doesn't count.
The older script would just leave it there, so you will need to use the:
CLEAR_AWSTATS_OLD=1
option.

So I'm assuming the difference between the two might now be due to the stats have being run for another few days.

But.. if you want to test it out fresh again, after grabbing RC3, you'd do:
Code:
mv awstats awstats.newer
mv awstats.old awstats
cd /usr/local/directadmin/scripts
./awstats_process.sh [B]user domain.com[/B]
note that you'd lose the few days that awstats.old wasn't run.
If confirmed, then move awstats.newer back to awstats to get those stats back again.

John

I was just thinking about the same, that I was still running another RC/caused by an older RC. I just re-updated and now the .old is being removed through the task that is run. Sorry...

(ps. can you check the 2 emails i send you on 30th of january? about the edit user and ssl and about supressing other errors when running custom pre/post scripts).

No worries, sounds good :)
Let us know if you have any further issues.

Regarding ssl/errors, please create a ticket.
If you didn't get a response, we either didn't get the email, or the response might not have made it back.
I'm not seeing anything in my sent folder on the 30th that resembles the description.

Although, to supress output from the pre/post scripts:
1) Always exit with a 0 status
2) Don't generate any output

John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back