Opinion

SeLLeRoNe

Super Moderator
Hi there,
Evolution Skin look pretty nice, but there are some thing that maybe need a little tweak (sorry are quite random, i'm just checking here and there) :)

1 - Navigation, if i click the second option, i expect that keeping changing pages will keep my decision, now, every time i click on a link that get restored to default setting
2 - Usage bars, White text on Grey background is not the best, specially because the grey is very light so it not very readable
3 - Modify domain: the boxes for Secure SSL, CGI Access and PHP Access are not "well defined" and the check is very light
4 - If you put the mouse on the user icon (top right near Hello, username) the dropdown menu it's showed, but when you move the mouse down to select an option the menu disappear, that does'nt happen if you move down from the "Hello, username" text
5 - SSL Creation, the right part of the table where i can actually create my cert or request a Let's Encrypt one is not selectable unless i select "Use the server's shared signed certificate.", which is pointless, also, the boxes to select the entries are not visible as for the check. :)
6 - The Support & Help menu open a box with sublinks which is "bigger" on the left than the menu itself, it should be alligned on the left and go over on the right as any other menu, but also i would suggest two options for the menu:
6a - Menu dropdown show all sublink on a column,not 2
6b - Menu dropdown is open on the total widht area so all the submenu are show the same.
7 - File manager take a few seconds to open, but the color of the "Folders" tab don't match the skin colors at all
8 - Maybe the ability to have a color combination option for the skin would be nice, for example this for me is too "white" and i would definetely go for a darker version
9 - On Skin selector i cannot see the current Skin nor option to "customize the skin" (see point 8), would be nice to have the ability to customize the logo as for the current enhanced skin (having the Skin option after the skin selector as the 3rd party skin CyberAdmin or with the gear as for the current enhanced skin.
10 - System Info, not sure if the demo have demo data there also for uptime (i presume yes), if not, wow almost 10000 days??? :D Sayd that would be nice to be able to select the text to easly copy paste the system infos. The software status looks pretty nice for PHP instead of simple text that say "Installed" i would put a green check

I guess for now there are enough stuff i sayd.. i'll check hopefully tomorrow (but not sure) with more time.

Thanks for the great work as usual :)

Best regards

Two things that bother me right away.

1. You have no idea if something is a link or just text. It would be way better if you could increase the difference between a link and just text. With a dark color, a bottom solid line, a bottom dotted line. Whatever.

2. Input fields borders or way to light. It's almost like the background. Again its really hard to tell any difference. Same goes for tables.

You guys really need to work on a bit more contrast.

Hello,

Thanks for your work John!

1. DNS manager is something that's frightening and confusing:

- with a big number of records it will be a challenge to match records with a select box. A highlighting effect on mouse over (yes we still use mouse) would help here.

- adding new records is a challenge too. Too short input boxes I'd rather say and it's not obvious what to add in each field.

2. Wrong styling on MX Records page?

Скриншот 2017-02-22 23.30.47.png

https://demo.directadmin.com:2222/CMD_DNS_MX?domain=demo.com

3. Is an user now limited in FileManager to public_html directory? Or is it due to demo mode?

Скриншот 2017-02-22 23.37.25.png

https://demo.directadmin.com:2222/CMD_FILE_MANAGER

SeLLeRoNe, I'll tell you some "secret" things about it, because I'm involved in development too :)

SeLLeRoNe said:
1 - Navigation, if i click the second option, i expect that keeping changing pages will keep my decision, now, every time i click on a link that get restored to default setting

It's already planned to save that in browser session. Should be fixed in the next release.

SeLLeRoNe said:
2 - Usage bars, White text on Grey background is not the best, specially because the grey is very light so it not very readable

Also planned to apply a color change for it.

SeLLeRoNe said:
3 - Modify domain: the boxes for Secure SSL, CGI Access and PHP Access are not "well defined" and the check is very light

May you attach a screenshot? Might be something browser related.

SeLLeRoNe said:
4 - If you put the mouse on the user icon (top right near Hello, username) the dropdown menu it's showed, but when you move the mouse down to select an option the menu disappear, that does'nt happen if you move down from the "Hello, username" text

Thank you for reporting it, added to the to-do list.

SeLLeRoNe said:
5 - SSL Creation, the right part of the table where i can actually create my cert or request a Let's Encrypt one is not selectable unless i select "Use the server's shared signed certificate.", which is pointless, also, the boxes to select the entries are not visible as for the check. :)

Whole SSL page will have a new design, the current inner page design is taken from enhanced :) So, there won't be this problem anymore with the new page.

SeLLeRoNe said:
6 - The Support & Help menu open a box with sublinks which is "bigger" on the left than the menu itself, it should be alligned on the left and go over on the right as any other menu, but also i would suggest two options for the menu:
6a - Menu dropdown show all sublink on a column,not 2
6b - Menu dropdown is open on the total widht area so all the submenu are show the same.

There is no space on the right side to show the elements (translations might have long words in a dropdown).

SeLLeRoNe said:
7 - File manager take a few seconds to open, but the color of the "Folders" tab don't match the skin colors at all

It shouldn't take so long. No comment on the colors yet, personally I like them :) I think it needs more opinions (some people think that https://directadmin.com/pricing.php doesn't match directadmin.com design as well, because of the dark color)

SeLLeRoNe said:
8 - Maybe the ability to have a color combination option for the skin would be nice, for example this for me is too "white" and i would definetely go for a darker version
9 - On Skin selector i cannot see the current Skin nor option to "customize the skin" (see point 8), would be nice to have the ability to customize the logo as for the current enhanced skin (having the Skin option after the skin selector as the 3rd party skin CyberAdmin or with the gear as for the current enhanced skin.

Skin selection page will have a new design as well, so your problems will be solved :) Color selector is planned, but just for the blue header color. It'll also be possible to upload a custom logo there.

SeLLeRoNe said:
10 - System Info, not sure if the demo have demo data there also for uptime (i presume yes), if not, wow almost 10000 days??? :D Sayd that would be nice to be able to select the text to easly copy paste the system infos. The software status looks pretty nice for PHP instead of simple text that say "Installed" i would put a green check

Same design as "running" ? :) I'm sorry to say that, but the uptime is demo :(

zEitEr said:
1. DNS manager is something that's frightening and confusing:

- with a big number of records it will be a challenge to match records with a select box. A highlighting effect on mouse over (yes we still use mouse) would help here.

- adding new records is a challenge too. Too short input boxes I'd rather say and it's not obvious what to add in each field.

2. Wrong styling on MX Records page?

View attachment 2225

https://demo.directadmin.com:2222/CMD_DNS_MX?domain=demo.com

DNS manager / MX records will have a slightly modified design. Currently these tables are taken from DA backend with hardcoded style for enhanced skin, so they are not styled in evolution skin at all. Update should be ready very soon.

zEitEr said:
3. Is an user now limited in FileManager to public_html directory? Or is it due to demo mode?

View attachment 2226

https://demo.directadmin.com:2222/CMD_FILE_MANAGER

demo limitation :)

Thanks Martynas for your replies. Looking forward to seeing the updated design of the pages. It seems template`s files will have much PHP coding in it, won't they?

Regards,
Alex.

Hi Martynas, thanks for those secret, I'll keep them for myself I rpomise :p

for report #3 maybe i didn't explain myself clearly, i meant that the box is very light, and you (well, I) can barely see it, is not deformed whatsoevero, just very light to see as for the check inside i sent you a screenshot on Skype ;)

For report #6 you may so consider option 6a or 6b to prevent also translations issue, maybe 6b would look nicer.

For report #10, no, not same design as the "Running" but similar, like this: https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/...2TIBTLK9iQ6giNTqwAFNrqCoivvFWLJhoj--TDA0JOTew or http://www.clipartbest.com/cliparts/bcy/xaz/bcyxazkxi.png

Last edited:
Thanks Martynas for your replies. Looking forward to seeing the updated design of the pages. It seems template`s files will have much PHP coding in it, won't they?

Regards,
Alex.

No, it'll even have less PHP code than enhanced :) But it'll use a lot of JS.

Hi Martynas, thanks for those secret, I'll keep them for myself I rpomise :p

for report #3 maybe i didn't explain myself clearly, i meant that the box is very light, and you (well, I) can barely see it, is not deformed whatsoevero, just very light to see as for the check inside i sent you a screenshot on Skype ;)

All check boxes and radio circles in all pages are very light! and it is hard to find them.

in the "Manage Security Questions" page at "ad new question" section there are some problems with custom question radio button!

Change all 1px border-color for #dadada

All check boxes and radio circles in all pages are very light! and it is hard to find them.

Exactly what I noticed, on my Asus monitor I see all this little 1px border-color #F1F0F0 but on my old Dell monitor, the white are not very white on this monitor so the color is non-existent it becomes harder to find where to click. The best way will be to change all the 1px border-color #F1F0F0 for #DADADA look at my screenshot for demo I change the border-color for #dadada the best color for DirectAdmin :)

Demo with #dadada color: http://i.imgur.com/mBvN8pb.jpg

I really like the new template, I can't wait to use it! :)

Change all 1px border-color

Hi guys,

Good work this skin look good just in my opinion, change all 1px border-color for -> #dadada <- because it is too light much harder to find where to click on my old monitor I see nothing.

Anyway good work guys!
Cheers,
Pascal

Little demo with border color

I make a little demo image with replacement of the border color #F1F0F0 for #DADADA it look good ! :)

dademo.jpg

Quick access

hello

iam designer and web hosting manager, i used directadmin for 6 years on many servers, i think directadmin is a very great controlpanel and iam happy for new template

your new template is great but i think its need more color and icons and its little empty.

1- my opinion is Quick access for new template. file manager, mysql databases, email accounts, and some parts on hosting control panels are more usable and need to be more accessible,many of our clients are beginners and maybe they cant find them from menus, also many clients are familiar to cpanel and after login to directadmin they will confused because they are looking for icons and items on main page of control panel like cpanel

i created this picture with photoshop, you can add this feature to new template, called Quick access, its also make template more beautiful

0mga_02.jpg

i used cpanel icons for example, you can create own icons, i think its necessary feature on new template

-----------------------
2- i have another suggestion i think after template, biggest diffrent beetween cpanel and directadmin is file editor, cpanel have an ajax file editor and clients can undo changes but in directadmin after saving files page is refresh and undo is not posible

thank you for your great works

I second what Pediram said.

It would also be really great to have an updated DNS management system (this would probably be a core mod though) - one which allows for add/"edit"/delete - and one that uses JS to run integrity checks on change or add to help users avoid duplicate and invalid entries.

Not to be critical, but the current DNS management system for users and admins needs a complete re-write to simplify things for the lesser technical user.

See the interfaces of Cloudflare, GoDaddy, for example - they are easy, forgiving and pretty slick.

Just my 2 cents. Otherwise, I really love the look and features.

Great reply, this should really be done!

I second what Pediram said.

It would also be really great to have an updated DNS management system (this would probably be a core mod though) - one which allows for add/"edit"/delete - and one that uses JS to run integrity checks on change or add to help users avoid duplicate and invalid entries.

Not to be critical, but the current DNS management system for users and admins needs a complete re-write to simplify things for the lesser technical user.

See the interfaces of Cloudflare, GoDaddy, for example - they are easy, forgiving and pretty slick.

Just my 2 cents. Otherwise, I really love the look and features.

I really like the quick acces idea. This would be very nice to have.

How is the border color in the latest release now? :) Made it a little bit lighter than it was, but darker than in initial release of Evo. Could be seen here: https://demo.directadmin.com:2222. Also, there is a new "sidebar" navigation type. To test it live:
Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/data/skins
mkdir evolution
cd evolution
wget -O evolution.tar.gz https://demo.directadmin.com/download/evolution.tar.gz
tar xvzf evolution.tar.gz
cd ..
chown -R diradmin:diradmin evolution

Sidebar can be chosen in "skin options" (per-user), or can be set to be the default navigation time in "Customize Evolution skin".

Back