How to setup a main domain

DA_user

Verified User
How do I link a domain to my server? Now I have 5 ip's on the server, and I want to set a main domain on the server. The problem is that my domain registrar says I can not use an IP as a name server?

Help!

You must register a domain and then register your nameservers to point to the ip addresses, so no you can't use ip addresses as a nameserver is correct. Although if you have external dns management (you should unless you have setup setup nameservers)
you can forward it to your server using an A address.

To setup nameservers on your server, assign the two ip addresses you want to use or the admin reseller. Then goto the admin reseller level and into the Nameserver management page. On that page there should be a drop down box of available domains which you can choose. Check the two ip addresses you want to use, select the domain in the drop down box and then click the button.

If there are no domains in the drop down box go to the admin user level and setup the domain you want to use as your nameservers in that area.

I hope some part of that answers you question and gets you on your way. If not, we're still here :)

Back