DNS problems

dave6901_2000

Verified User
I think it is a DNS problem not sure but here we go when members try to visit my site they get page cannot be displayed they have to press the refresh button a couple of times and then it comes in for them i also have been noticing this happen in the past few days ..Any ideas ?? and also what to do would be great

I'm assuming it's the bev news site linked to in your user id..

If so it came up ok for me and I ran a check on dnsreport which showed all resolved except mailservers..

http://www.dnsreport.com/tools/dnsreport.ch?domain=bevnews.com

Don't forget the link above will change as things resolve/unresolve so you may not see the same results as me!

I know it's just a 'snapshot' of the current state of the domain not a full answer but may help you understand whats happening if you keep referring back to it.

Rob

ok i see you did a search on .com well it is actually .net so i adjusted it man there are lots of errors happening there can you look and let me know what you think i am not to used to having to set all this stuff up so i may need some guidence

Looks like it's the glue records in your .net account in DA are not set correctly - if you login and goto DNS management are they mentioned there as the correct nameservers ?

You should see something like..

bevnews.net. NS ns1.bevnews.org.

Rob

yes they are listed as so

bevnews.net. NS ns1.bevnews.org
bevnews.net. NS ns2.bevnews.org
mail MX 10

Hmm..

Ther are definately some nameservers red-flags in the report - maybe someone else also has some ideas?

Also is it all members - I'm also wondering if there are any common denominators with the users that have problems accesing? ISP/Browser/Country?

Rob

well i would say it is about 3/4 of my members around 3000 memebrs in total i have so about 2300 lol all in different parts of the world ..As for ips etc when i try to use a proxy i still get the same thing so not sure it maybe something to do with ip's

and also what exactly does this mean ??

FAIL Missing (stealth) nameservers FAIL: You have one or more missing (stealth) nameservers. The following nameserver(s) are listed (at your nameservers) as nameservers for your domain, but are not listed at the the parent nameservers (therefore, they may or may not get used, depending on whether your DNS servers return them in the authority section for other requests, per RFC2181 5.4.1). You need to make sure that these stealth nameservers are working; if they are not responding, you may have serious problems! The DNS Report will not query these servers, so you need to be very careful that they are working properly.

ns2.bevnews.org.bevnews.net.ns1.bevnews.org.bevnews.net.
This is listed as an ERROR because there are some cases where nasty problems can occur (if the TTLs vary from the NS records at the root servers and the NS records point to your own domain, for example).
FAIL Missing nameservers 2 ERROR: One or more of the nameservers listed at the parent servers are not listed as NS records at your nameservers. The problem NS records are:
ns1.bevnews.org.
ns2.bevnews.org.

dave6901_2000 said:
yes they are listed as so

bevnews.net. NS ns1.bevnews.org
bevnews.net. NS ns2.bevnews.org
mail MX 10 [/B]
No problems after the ".org". That's causing the problems in DNS Report as well.

Jeff

Read my previous post.

Put in those periods (dots).

Then, as the new information propagates, the errors will go away and things should start working.

Jeff

Glue at parent nameservers:
Register the nameservers for the domain at the same place where you registered the domain.

If your nameservers are ns1.bevnews.net and ns2.bevnews.net, then you should register them as nameservers at whatever registrar you used to register bevnews.net.

Nameservers on separate class C's:
You may ignore this warning; as long as you're hosting both master and slave DNS on the same server you'll get this warning.

Multiple MX records:
We disagree with DNS Report here; it's perfectly acceptable to not have a secondary MX server.

Reverse DNS entries for MX records:
Check with whomever provided you with connectivity. If you're a site user or reseller, then you should notify your hosting company; if you're a site admin, then you should notify whomever you get your system or connectivity from.

Acceptance of domain ltierals:
Most of us disagree with DNS Report on this one; on today's Internet, accepting emails at domain literals is not good.

Jeff

Back