Error when creating user...

trajcek

Verified User
Hi guys, again. :)
When i try to create an user, and after i do everything and click OK this shows up:

Error with system Quotas
setquota: Mountpoint (or device) / not found. setquota: Not all specified mountpoints are using quota.

The account is actually created and all but i dont know if the quota system is working. Pliz lemme know what u think.. :)

Thanx,
Trajcek

It looks as if "hard quotas" (i.e., those set by the OS) are failing because the quota code isn't set up for at least some of the partitions you're expecting to use it on.

However soft quotas (maintained by DA in it's nightly tallies) should still be working.

Jeff

I guess it works then. I will just wait and see. Thanx again Jeff :)

If that is the case remember that users will be able to upload any ammount of files they want without being stopped until DA does its nightly checks ;)
If possible you might want to make sure or compile your kernel to support quota and then reconfigure it properly so hard quota's are enabled. But then again, if its not a problem for you, no need to worry about it.

So if the space limit is 200MB, an user would be able to upload like 400MB and he will be blocked in 24 hours or something? or will he be blocked at all ?

Thats the way I understand it. As long as DA is still getting correct disk usage accounts will be suspended when it detects that they've gone over 100% usage.

Back