random images not showing up

rszkutak

Verified User
i am having issues with a couple customers who are hosted on my server.

It is the oddest thing, when i view their site on either my cable connection here at my house, or on my Fiber connection at the office it works perfectly for me, but when they view it on DSL or Cable they see the same problem.

If they go view their site, at random their pages will come up with no problems ( html text ) but thier images will randomly show / not show. They tried the site with a different type of internet, if they were cable at the office they now tried DSL, or fractional T-1.... and vise versa. It is all not from the same ISP, one is Roadrunner, the other is the local phone company, and the Fractional T-1 is Time Warner.

The domain names are www.freedomfeeds.com and www.techii.com Oddly i never see a problem with these pages, but they are the only ones who see issues...

Can anyone else see things there i am missing !?

-rob

The site looks normal in my browser. Using Mozilla Firefox 1.0 and a connection in Sweden.

You should ask them to try another browser. They can get Firefox for free over at getfirefox.com.

Oddly enough my customer mentioned this :

Apache Mod Disc Cache
http://webauthv3.stanford.edu/manual/mod/mod_disk_cache.html

As for me, ummmmm no it's experimental at best... and that is no way going on a production server.

As for the browsers we tried it on the regular IE 6, and Netscape, AOL ( crap ), and Firefox... on my end it worked no problem, on his end he saw errors on the site.

I have had the site checked from Iraq, Kuwait, UAE, Germany, Moscow, Tokyo, Sydney, and South Africa and noone has seen problems. Of all places, you would see something that far away, and not 650 miles ( 900 km or so ) as the bird flies.

I am baffeled by this one, really i am ! I have never heard of such a thing here at all...

-rob

I had a similar sounding problem - turned out to be browser settings - I checked this on 3 different browsers and it's fine from here :)

Rob

Rob,
Any thoughts or do you remember what those browser settings were by chance??? How long ago did you have this issue?

-rob

p.s. thanks so far to everyone who has responded, more response are great also !!!

It was probably around a month ago - mainly in Mozilla Firefox - I think it was in tools>options>webfeatures

I also used a cache cleaner to make sure all was cleared out.

The (free) cache cleaner I used was http://www.ccleaner.com/

It was sort of happening at the same time as we were having DNS resolution problems with the office network so it is hard to look at it scientifically as we were changing alot of variables at the same time.

Hope this helps though..

Rob

Last edited:
Ask him to get rid of all the cache header his script is sending out, gzipping the content will do the job :) (ob_start('ob_gzhandler'))

Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate
Cache-Control: post-check=0, pre-check=0
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 13:20:22 GMT
Expires: Mon, 26 Jul 1997 05:00:00 GMT
Last-Modified: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 13:20:22 GMT
Pragma: no-cache

^ WTH
Enabling Keep-Alive should also decrease the connections overhead significantly

Daijoubu,
Do I do that on my side or on his side ???? I talked to him about this, and he is lost as to what / how he needs to accomplish this .

Can you advise of the proper pricedure how to do this ?

-rob

Back