when clamd stops working

albatroz

Verified User
I have configured exiscan+clamd

But I have noticed that almost every 7/8 days. Clamd stops working, and as a result our emails (inbound/outbound) become rejected.

Does anybody have experienced something similar? Any recommendations?
Having clamd + exim restart by cron every x days would help?

Extra info: Clamd executes freshclam by itself not by cron.

It just started happening to me today after almost a year without problems... any clue? It happened twice today and I have to go in and stop then start clamd

/usr/local/sbin/clamd stop

I moved the thread to 3rd Party Software since clamd isn't part of DirectAdmin.

Jeff

clamav stops working ever 30 min when it does a sanity check

any ideas?

anyone have the upgrade procedure for clamav on freebsd and da?

We wrote a script to restart every 5 min because clamd was dying every 30. However this still seemed to not work since not only is clamd dying it is also freezing and leaves its process running, effectively stopping all mail.

I tested clamscan and did a scan of my server from command line and it dumped halfway through.

So maybe my clamd.conf is setup and allowing too big of files, the wrong type of files?

What I'd like to do at this point is to find out how to remove clamd from exim's use.

I tried just commenting out the av= line in the exim.conf. How do you remove clamd/clamav?

btw this is the error I get in my logs:

2005-11-19 10:04:55 1EdX55-000DFQ-MH malware acl condition: clamd: unable to connect to UNIX socket /var/run/clamav/clamd (Connection refused)

Open your clamd.conf normally /etc/clamd.conf

and look for #LocalSocket

Uncomment the line and make sure the path is the same in that error msg.

Also look for #TCPSocket or sumthing simular and comment the line out.

Save and restart clamd.

Thanks,
Grant

both are correct in mysetup...

I ran this script to reset the permissions and maybe that will solve the problem...

cd /usr/local/directadmin/scripts
./set_permission.sh email

Back