Turck MMCache on FreeBSD 5.x

wdv

Verified User
Hi,

Is anyone using Turck MMCache in combination with FreeBSD?

I installed it from ports, but when I enable it in my php.ini and restart Apache, Apache starts to segfault a lot.

Does anybody know why this is happening and if there's a fix available somewhere?

No help here. I had the same thing happen on both 4.8 machines and 5.1 machines several months ago and it got to the point where I just had to uninstall Turck b/c I could not figure it out and it was causing the machine to crash at least once a day.

At least I am not the only one :)

Overhere Apache child processes die at least once a minute with a segfault when turck mmcache is enabled.

Yeah, that is the same thing I was getting. Can't remember if it was a seg fault 10 or 11, but when I searched online all I could find was references to people saying it must be a hardware problem (which is wasn't since it went away after I removed turck). That was a few months ago though, so maybe somebody has figured it out now. Let us know if you find an answer as I would like to use Turck again.

Zend is the only php optimizer DirectAdmin comes with. I also had to remove TurckMMCache because of segfaults so it's probably not compatible with the latest versions of apache and php.

Back