Can't create user

barry

Verified User
I keep getting a segfault:

2004:11:21-00:33:52: *** Segmentation fault *** Command::doUser(1, (null), action=create&username=test&email=barry%40yahoo.com&passwd=testing&passwd2=testing&domain=testing.infopop.cc&package=Alki&ip=63.251.4.174&notify=yes&add=Submit, 0) : User: admin : 66.235.37.82 : /CMD_ACCOUNT_USER : (null) : action=create&username=test&email=barry%40yahoo.com&passwd=testing&passwd2=testing&domain=testing.infopop.cc&package=Alki&ip=63.251.4.174&notify=yes&add=Submit

Any ideas ?

If you're a reseller then your hosting company will have to test this for you:

Logged in through a shell as root, try a manual adduser command.

See if you get any errors.

The server may be out of diskspace; the reseller may be out of diskspace.

Jeff

I am the hosting company actually... And I tried useradd from the command line, successfully created the user, then deleted with userdel.

Also the server has plenty of diskspace.

-Barry

No idea :( .

Unexplainable segfaults are often due to hardware problems, very often memory problems.

Jeff

The problem turned out to be related to how glibc is linked into the directadmin binary... If you have problems email directadmin for a "special" version.

-Barry

Thanks for the final conclusion.

Any idea what might have caused the problem?

I didn't consider a library problem because the directadmin daemon is statically linked.

John?

Jeff

Also experience this

We also experience this issue. We're using CentOS 5.4 and DA 1.344.

No technical support on this issue

Anyone out there had received any feedback on this issue?
I'd wrote twice to [email protected] with debug information included but nobody'd replied me.

Now my DA always get segmentation fault and no new user can be added.

Please help!

Hello,

I think your email system is blocking our replies to you. I've replied twice so far with your first two requests starting Nov 22nd, and for the third response attempt, I tried a very basic reply to your mail server via telnetting to port 25, just to try something different to get the message through.

Based on the gdb output you provided in your email support requests, this my previous response:
The segfault appears to be happening in the system library.
This could be due to a binary incompatibility between the DA binaries and the system libraries.
Double check that the binary version of DA matches your OS version.
Admin Level -> Licenses / Updates -> compiled for ____

As for the segfault itself, the getDataFromFile call will be trying to access:
/usr/local/directadmin/scripts/difficult_password.php

to read in that script, prior to running it.
Double check that the file in question in actually present...
However, I still suspect it's more of a binary issue.
As for the replies, double check any spam folders you might have that my emails to you might have ended up in, or any email logs you have access to to see where they're going. (no bounces and our logs show the emails were accepted)

John

Back