Calling for Modernbill Users

dannygoh

Verified User
I now used modernbill and there is a bunch of question regarding modernbill and directadmin only.

I want to know does upgrade and downgrade wizard of hosting plan really works without deleting my users date? Same as reseller plan?

Hi,

I've been using ModernBill for quite some time now and in all previous versions (I've not tested it on the latest version) the upgrade / downgrade did not modify the account in DirectAdmin.

Automatic Suspension and Reactivation on the other hand does work provided you have the correct ServerIP set up with each account.

I also do reseller accounts and they work fine. Remember that you need to set up all accounts under admin if you wish to do both reseller and normal user accounts.

Regards,
Onno

Onno, does this mean that ModernBill won't create accounts on the server if I set it up for my resellers?

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

No it means your resellers cannot create reseller accounts. You resellers wil be able to create user accounts under thier reseller account though.

Regards,
Onno

how did i assign ip address for directadmin module. my reseller account came with 1 or 2 ip address. i have add my ip in manage ip but did not have any mention in setting up the package.

dannygoh said:
how did i assign ip address for directadmin module. my reseller account came with 1 or 2 ip address. i have add my ip in manage ip but did not have any mention in setting up the package.

You assign it in de DirectAdmin Module. in the entry "DirectAdmin IP address"

Regards,
Onno

how do i enable automatic creating account in DA.

i create cronjob in DA panel.

PHP:
/usr/local/bin/php -q -f /home/abc123/domains/abc123.com.my/private_html/billing/include/scripts/run_background_queue.inc.php /home/abc123/domains/abc123.com.my/private_html/billing/ cron

i also enable Cronjob: API Queue Batch Configuration

Please Help! Thanks in advanced

Do you know if your cron jobs are running?
To check ... enable automatic invoicing and set it for 10 minutes from now, you should receive an Invoice Report in your mailbox.

Which version of MB are you using?
Go to Tools -> System Utilities, it should be in the box on the right.

Which version of DA are you using?
Go to Licencing / Updates, It should tell you towards the bottom of the page.

To check ... enable automatic invoicing and set it for 10 minutes from now, you should receive an Invoice Report in your mailbox.
Can you provide step by step guide. From start to end.

Version 4.2.1:B-8:pR:Z:22

V1.23.1

Urgent Help. Thanks in advanced

i also have this email saying

/bin/sh: line 1: php: command not found

Urgent Help. Thanks in advanced

Cron jobs should have complete paths in them.

Using just "php" in a cron job will result in it not running.

Jeff

The problem was solved (via PM). He was running the wrong script, should have been

/usr/local/bin/php -q -f /home/abc123/domains/abc123.com.my/private_html/billing/include/scripts/cron_dispatch.cron.php /home/abc123/domains/abc123.com.my/private_html/billing/ cron

In the latest version of ModernBill this script controls all cron jobs and the rest can simple be enabled via configuration forms.

Regards,
Onno

Am I to understand that if I want to sell user accounts and reseller accounts with DA and Modernbill, my main account has to be setup under the main Admin account?

Modernbill has no other way of handling this? That is to say MB can not do the following:

I set my company up as a reseller (to sell user accounts) and I set up Resller accounts seperately.

If we need to log onto your server to solve your problem it will cost money as we would be spending time reserved for our paying customers.

Please first see if the solution is not on the forum and if it's not here and you still want us to get it working for you contact me via a PM.

Regards,
Onno Vrijburg

made a bit of progress.

The API now seems to be processing

think it was just me understanding the cron setup in DirectAdmin. Bit of googling sorted that.

But now it seems it's not generating the invoices that are due for renewing

Generate them manually and see if there is an error somewhere, if there is an error, fix it and generate manually again uuntil there are no more errors.

Onno

rldev said:
Am I to understand that if I want to sell user accounts and reseller accounts with DA and Modernbill, my main account has to be setup under the main Admin account?

Modernbill has no other way of handling this? That is to say MB can not do the following:

I set my company up as a reseller (to sell user accounts) and I set up Resller accounts seperately.

What you could do is set up a different ordergroup and a different DA module (that runs under admin) for reseller orders.

As a reseller you cannot create other resellers.

Onno

My problem is fixed. Not sure what happened to fix it. but invoices are now being generated woohoo :D

All i got to do now is finish the website :(

resolveit said:
Do you know if your cron jobs are running?

Go to Tools -> System Utilities, it should be in the box on the right.

Go to Licencing / Updates, It should tell you towards the bottom of the page.

Which Mailbox, DA or the e-mail address you set it to e-mail in MB because i got it in neither place?

Back