DirectAdmin turns into zombie state

rhoekman

Verified User
I just wanted to make this a separate thread because this needs attention.

On 5.3 I've had the following. I decided to double the bandwidth of my packages. As I was updating the packages I see that with every account that needs updating it turns the DirectAdmin deamon into a zombie state. Let's say I have 10 users having a Basic account it alters the account but then turns into 10 zombies.

I'll send this to support with a request to recompile DirectAdmin on a 5.3 box.

I guess I better wait a little longer then before I start upgrading my 5.2.1 boxes to 5.3

FYI: DirectAdmin itself keeps running but the spawned chlid processes turn into zombies. Also my packages upgrades where done so I guess it must be something during the exit procedure internally.

Off topic:
Could you show me how to know which process is a zombie?

#top
last pid: 28592; load averages: 0.12, 0.13, 0.09 up 2+02:08:25 05:10:55
99 processes: 1 running, 97 sleeping, 1 zombie

It may lie at the bottom of the list.

Have you sent an email to john as I think this makes the 5.3 version more urgent.

Yes I have:

Hello,

We're purchasing another build system.. but will test things out a bit before deciding to put FreeBSD 5.3 on it. If it can be fixed in the software, then we'll probably leave it as is.

As for the zombies.. I believe it's just a fork at the end of each user change that recalculates the "show all users" cache.. it's set to run as a session leader (setsid()) .. so DA doesn't have to cleanup after it. That's the only thing that forks in the proccess, so thats probably it.

Thank you,

John

Back