Shared Hosting

jakejones

I am new to DA. I would like to host multiple clients under my domain with folders. How would I go about doing this while still using all DA control panel features. eg. domain.com/user1, domain.com/user2, etc. These users don't have domains, but they want space. Thanks.

What do they want space for?

If you mean they want their own webspace then you can set them up as ftp users, each to have ftp access to his/her own folder under public_html; then each user's webspace would be accessed as:

http://www.example.com/~ftpusername

Jeff

I would like them to have user accounts it that's possible. That way they can use the control panel and have the interface. I guess it would be somewhat like a free hosting service does.

geocities.com/user

A site like that is what I'm looking for. It would basically be like the community sites do it, but on a much smaller scale.

DA calls that a "reseller" account.

You get a reseller account (if you have your own server you set up a reseller account just for this), and then you set up each of those users with their own domain, under the reseller account.

This works because DA allows you to have

user1.example.com

and

user2.example.com

and

user3.example.com

(and so on)

as separate domain names.

Jeff

Ok...I guess I hadn't tried it as a subdomain. I was being narrow minded and trying to create the subfolder but forgot about subdomains. That works great. Thanks Jeff!!

Back