upload database backup to sql

pkilam

Verified User
Hi, I have the SQL server running seperate from the directadmin server, so i have modifed the mysql.conf file on the directadmin server. Everything works ok, but there is problem when using the database backup and restore function of directadmin.

I can use the download backup function to download the remote database from directadmin. However, if i try to use the upload function to upload the backup back to directadmin, i got the following error:

Error Restoring database

Details

Unable to restore database mousenet2_data : ERROR 1045: Access denied for user: 'mousenet2@localhost' (Using password: YES)

Am i missing any step on setting up my directadmin?

I currently need to use phpmyadmin to restore the database, but i think restoring the database using directadmin is more convenient for my user.

thanks

:confused:

What do you mean that you have the MySQL server running seperate from DA? As in, on a different server?
What changes did you have to make to the mysql.conf file?

If the MySQL service is not on the local server, the problem would be caused by DirectAdmin trying to connect to the database locally instead of the remote host.

Last edited:
yes, i run a sql serve seperate from the serve running DA

i change the line

host=x.x.x.x

x.x.x.x is the ip address of mysql server.

User can use directadmin to add and delete database that are located on the remote sql server. They are also able to use directadmin to create a backup (.gz) of the remote sql database, but after i open the .gz file, the database inside the .gz file is empty, but diretadmin did not show any error message.

when try to upload a .gz created from phpmyadmin back to restore it using directadmin.the above error message appear.

It seems Directadmin may be using the wrong ip / user to connect to the sql server when using the database backup/restore function.

By the way, is host=x.x.x.x the only thing i need to change if i use a remote sql server instead of a local one? or are there anything else i need to change?

thanks

Last edited:
Back