illegal DNS???

deciBel

Hello:)

I'm having trouble setting up my NS correctly.

My registrar tells me that I need to get ns1 og ns2 to respond "autorativally" (I dont know the exact english word:| sorry...)

I've set it to be ns1.mydomain.no. and ns2.mydomain.no. but still my registrar tells me that it is not a legal ns adress that replies correctly to the dns server. (the who is wont allow me to register theese 2 ns's that Ive typed in....

ANY idea what I do wrong? the company that I've got my "reseller pack from has got a .tk domain. May that be the reason why it doesnt accept it?

I've emailed both my registrar and my admin for my DirectAdmin. But non of them seem to give a damn about this problem...

OK, I'm new to hosting and all that, but THIS shouldn't be THAT difficult, should it? I thought it was only to type ns1 and ns2 in, and it would be ok, but obviosilly not.

I've read throug the sitehelper, and those pages, bud that didnt help much for my type of problem....

PLEASE help me.

Regars

deciBel

You probably need to create Name Server Host Records.

This is done with your domain registrar...

I believe Peter is probably right, but there's no way for anyone to tell for certain as long as you don't tell us your real domain name.

Look here for some good points on why you shouldn't obfuscate your real domain name information when you're asking for DNS help.

Jeff

You probably need to create Name Server Host Records.

-This is something that is easy to do?... at least "should be..." ?

Thanks for quick reply :)

It should be.

If you have a control panel for your domain with your registrar I would try looking there.

If not you'll need to ask them to do it for you.

I've done that

I did try that at first, but I only get the message:

" ns1.mydomain.no is not registered in the DNS"

I'm still wating for an answer from my registrar.

Thanks anyway

;)

Back