php 4.3.10 & 5.0.3 Released

We've just upgraded to 4.3.10, but stumbled on a lot of errors ('illegal offset type...') with scripts that were working fine before. After upgrading the Zend Optimizer to 2.5.7 everything is working fine again.

From here: http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=31134
Upgrade Zend Optimizer and it fixes it.
From here: http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=31108
Not a bug in PHP then, but in the Zend Optimizer. In case you encounter this problem, please upgrade to the latest version of the Zend Optimizer!
The solution is to ensure that your ZendOptimizer has been upgraded to a minimum of 2.5.7...
However... while the latest version of PHP is already 4.3.10 (fast move btw), the latest version of ZendOptimizer up in the DA files site is still 2.5.5
http://files.directadmin.com/services/customapache

:rolleyes:

I'm using Apache2 and PHP wont update how do i fix this?

checking for AOLserver support... no
checking for Apache 1.x module support via DSO through APXS... configure: error: You have enabled Apache 1.3 support while your server is Apache 2. Please use the appropiate switch --with-apxs2

*** There was an error while trying to configure php. Check the configure.php file

i edited the zend file in build but i am getting this error:

./build zend
File already exists: .tar.gz

gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file
tar: Child returned status 1
tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors

Location of php.ini:
/usr/local/lib
Press return to continue...

./build: ./install.sh: No such file or directory

anyone know how to fix it?

yeah I emailed john about the new php but forgot to tell him that zend needs updating also.

BTW, this method also works to allow the build script to work with latest version of Zend Optimizer.
http://www.directadmin.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6057

1) Upload ZendOptimizer v2.5.7 to the unofficial-upgrades directory.

2) ./build update (if necessary to get the new PHP 4.3.10 file)

3) Since build has been upgraded as well, edit it and check version numbers again (PNG_VER=1.2.8, ZEND_VER=2.5.7, GD_VER=2.0.33, GD config parameters ?).

4) Also add the code into getFile() function (see above link) to deal with the unofficial-upgrades dir.

5) ./build php
6) ./build zend

Steps 3/4 are only required after doing a build update.

Feel free to critique. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Note that ionCube does not have a working loader for PHP 4.3.10. This means that Installatron and any other ion-encoded application will not work with PHP versions newer than 4.3.9.

As soon as ionCube has a working loader Installatron will support PHP 4.3.10.

Phi1.

From these posts, I get the impression it's best to hold off on the 4.3.10 upgrade?

Matt

l0rdphi1 said:
Note that ionCube does not have a working loader for PHP 4.3.10. This means that Installatron and any other ion-encoded application will not work with PHP versions newer than 4.3.9.

As soon as ionCube has a working loader Installatron will support PHP 4.3.10.

Phi1.
Did do an update, and both Installatron, and other apps are working fine...
Although I get a permissions error while updating Installatron on 1 server (from older beta to newest beta).

(had to chmod +x the index.html files in the different dirs).

Icheb said:
Did do an update, and both Installatron, and other apps are working fine...
Although I get a permissions error while updating Installatron on 1 server (from older beta to newest beta).

(had to chmod +x the index.html files in the different dirs).
That is odd. I updated PHP and installed the beta loader provided by ionCube, but it appears like PHP is not loading file contents using the file_get_contents function.

I'll look into this issue and try to pin exactly what is causing the issues I'm experiancing.

Phi1.

UebiMiau! Problems after php upgrade to 4.3.10

I get the UebiMiau! login interface and when I try to log in I get:

System message: Error connecting to the server

Now nothing has changed to the config files and it worked perfectly. The config files is pointing to the mail server with pop3.

The only thing that has changed was the version of PHP (4.3.10). New version of Zend (v2.5.7) is also installed. Mail server is up and running and I can retrieve my mail via my mail client.

Any ideas where to look?

Does UebiMiau! use ionCube? If so, you will need to update ionCube manually (I think).

No it does not use Ioncube.. The reason I mentioned Zend is when you not upgrade Zend along with PHP it will break all kinds of stuff just to rule that out.

Back