installing MySQL-Bench

S2S-Robert

Verified User
Hi,

There is this very usefull program called mtop, which comes with MySQL-bench or so I'm told. I've checked and DA does not install MySQL-bench on a default install, can I just go ahead and install it? Which source should I use?

Regards

Robert

Hi, did anyone ever tried to install mtop on a Debian4+DirectAdmin ?

Thanks

Is it safe to install mtop with apt-get install mtop? It seems it wants to install some mysql server and a bunch of other stuff:

The following extra packages will be installed:
bsd-mailx libcurses-perl libhtml-template-perl liblockfile1
libmysqlclient15off mailx mysql-client mysql-client-5.0 mysql-common
mysql-server mysql-server-5.0
Suggested packages:
libipc-sharedcache-perl tinyca
The following NEW packages will be installed:
bsd-mailx libcurses-perl libhtml-template-perl liblockfile1 mailx mtop
mysql-client mysql-client-5.0 mysql-server mysql-server-5.0
The following packages will be upgraded:
libmysqlclient15off mysql-common
2 upgraded, 10 newly installed, 0 to remove and 21 not upgraded.

That doesnt seem safe to do? Might break directadmin?

better dont use apt-get cause he wanna install mysql-server mysql-server-5.0 that should go in conflict with da-mysql installation.

Is better i think if you install mtop from source, or, if source need to be installed with mysql. check what to change/edit in custombuild for make it work.

give me a site where to find source or where you get information about this utility.

regards

There is another thread here about this topic with instructions on using yum to install mtop.

eheh ok... i was meaning the default install.. redhat/centos/fedora use yum debian/ubuntu use apt-get... didnt meant to make confusion to anyone :)

what the hell what is the subject of topic and what are the discussions
could someone explain about the topic subject how to install or use mysql bench while using direc admin?

i dont think building mysql manually is a good idea

there is an answer to your question.

floyd sayd that there is another topic witha guide-line on how to install mtop via yum.

this mtop is just to show the slow quries of mysql then where is mysql bench and its tests i need to make a report

Back