DirectAdmin for Fedora Core 3 Released

DirectAdmin Sales

Administrator
Staff member
Hi everyone,

Just a little note to let you know that DirectAdmin for Fedora Core 3 is now available. Sorry for taking so long to get it out. We don't need any beta testers but if you want a free one-month license then we are still happy to provide that.

Mark

Just an update -- all FC3 installs have gone flawlessly so far. Probably won't be in beta status for long.

Mark

Any chance of providing a 1 month free license to test x86_64 viablility on FC3? :)

Nac.net won't let me play with their freebie DA offering on my new machine because you guys haven't 'Approved' 64 bit in any way, even using 32bit compat libs.

Last edited:
DA doesn't compile on x64 (actually apache that comes with it doesn't), it bails out when trying to compile SSL..

It's most likely fixed when installing the i386 openssl-devel package, but I haven't tested that yet..

o ssl_module uses ConfigStart/End
+ SSL interface: mod_ssl/2.8.22
+ SSL interface build type: DSO
+ SSL interface compatibility: enabled
+ SSL interface experimental code: disabled
+ SSL interface conservative code: disabled
+ SSL interface vendor extensions: disabled
+ SSL interface plugin: Built-in SDBM
+ SSL library path: /usr
+ SSL library version: OpenSSL 0.9.7a Feb 19 2003
Error: Cannot find SSL library files under /usr
./configure:Error: APACI failed

*** There was an error while trying to configure apache+mod_ssl. Check the configure.apache_ssl file

I've compiled the customapache kit under Centos 4 x86_64, but I don't have an FC3 box that I can play with...

I don't think you want the i386 devel package if you want to build a 64-bit apache.

What extra's did you need to do to get it to work ?, or did it work out of the box so to say ?

There's another thread about it somewhere... Here's what I have in my notes:
Code:
    * jpeg: make CFLAGS=-fpic libjpeg.a
    * curl: make LDFLAGS=-L/usr/lib64 CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/kerberos/include
    * export LDFLAGS=-L/usr/lib64/mysql so that the linker can find libmysqlclient

This was for apache2... I didn't try to build apache1.

For this particular error, the libssl libraries are probably in /lib64... Is this for the apache1 build? I would try changing the line in the configure file to just with-ssl if so...

Back