Change reseller's primary domain

Can't the reseller do it by proceeding to his user level and to the domain administration page? There should be a link to change a domain (at least for me there is)

You're right, but I don't want the domainname to be changed, but I want to give another user access to the domain name.

So I need to give the domainname a seperate directadmin-login and it should not be manageble by User Level for the reselleraccount in DirectAdmin.

I'm a bit confused, Dennis, but I'm going to try to respond anyway.

Do you want one domain name with two separate logins? If so, then DA doesn't allow that.

If you want a separate domain with it's own login, then a reseller creates that by creating a user with that domain as user.

The reseller can of course access all his/her domains.

Jeff

User 'xxx' is currently both a reseller-account as a user-account. I want it to stay a reselleraccount, but I want the user-account not to be managed anymore by logging in as the reselleraccount.

The domain which is currently set as default domain for reseller 'xxx', has been sold to one of his clients. So he wants to give his clients DirectAdmin-access to the domain and not manage it anymore using 'User-Level' when logged in as a reseller...

Am I Clear?

Clear, but I don't think DA can do it.

I don't think you can move a domain to another user, only to another reseller.

Have you asked DA support?

Jeff

Hello,

You'd have to create another user for the User Level data.

1) Make a backup of the Reseller's User data from the Reseller Panel -> User Backups
2) rename the backup from reseller.tar.gz to newuser.tar.gz
3) delete the domain and data from Reseller's User Panel (Domain Administration)
4) restore the newuser.tar.gz which will create the user and domain.

Thank you,

John
--------------------------------------------------

DirectAdmin Web Control Panel
http://www.directadmin.com
Worked perfectly. :)

Back