Email usage stats

prophecy

Verified User
It would be nice (if not essential) to have email stats so you can see which user is using up all the space.

show all users

look at the site user, you will see the bandwidth usage along with the space usage listed there :)

Chris

ahhh, totally thinking of different things here, when i say email stats, I mean on a per email account basis, not on the entire site/user. That doesn't really help much when you're talking about email. I still can't see who's email account is using up all the space.

dont think you can view ONLY email usage... i would guess aslong as the site doesnt go over its full quota its ok... unless your offering email and someone is using the whole site quota and not allowing others users any space :p

does DA allow you to put quotas on individua; email accounts now?

Chris

My old cobalt system let you see on a per user end user basis, so you could see that Joe Schmoe is using 90% of the entire companies space.

for a per user basis its either wait for DA to intergrate the feature or get working out how you can monitor mail for 1 site only... bit of a task you would have there mind ;)

Chris

Where is the mail stored? and would there be different directories or files for each email account?

change to dir:

/var/spool/virtual/thedomainyoulookfor.com

run command

ll -h

Here are all your mails

I found an easy way to make this report (I think), the /mail directory in the site seems to have the mail files for each mail account, so the report could just look in here and grab the sizes.

Back