newbie!

netmotiv8

Verified User
Hi,

I am new to the forum. I will be launching my on own hosting business shortly and have been looking a control panels for clients. As I am not a follower of sheep i havent gone down the Plesk, Cpanel, Ensim and went looking for an alternative and found DA. However what is my stumbling with DA is lack of IMAP and webmail. SquirrelMail is what I am currently using as the webmail client.

Is webmail and IMAP planned? If so, when can I expect a release of DA to include them?

Apologies if this has already been addressed.

Kind Regards

Neil :)

i think there is currently webmail although i may be wrong, IMAP i have no idea although i would think its on the to do list as its been brought up a few times :)

Chris

I remember reading a thread in the not so distant past that said John was working on IMAP right now.. don't know for what release though.

Hello,

I am working on IMAP (among many other things), but I'll have to do a lot of testing to ensure I don't create a gaping security hole :) We currently have UebiMiau for webmail (have for quite some time if you want to correct any other forums saying otherwise), but will definately add SquirrelMail once IMAP is up and running.

John

A message to the DirectAdmin people

Can we be testers for the IMAP facility within DirectAdmin?

We are very keen to have this part of directadmin i will be happy to help out testing wise

Neil
netmotivated

Status report:

IMAP is running, but decisions and changes are required for the chroot and chdir location when IMAP is running. It's tricky because all mbox files for one domain are all in the same directory, so hiding them from other pop accounts might be tough.

John

Hi,

Any status update on the IMAP support?

I just had my Outlook crashing, because I added a IMAP account, thought that DA supported it :)

Back