Newbie needs DNS help

gamecock

Newbie to dedicated server and DA needs a little help getting started.

Just got a dedicated server. Got my 8 Ip addresses entered into DirectAdmin.

My server is with nac.net. My domains are registered through godaddy.com.

I created a reseller package in DA. I created a reseller user in DA. I used 2 of my Ip addresses to create nameservers in DA.

Go daddy won't let me change my nameserver settings. It gives the error message: # Unavailable error in field Host name1 # Unavailable error in field Host name2

Of course it does because the domain is still parked at godaddy. Ho do I get my server to recognize the domain and how do I get godaddy to let me change the settings for my nameserver to the ones I just created on my server?

Once I get the nameservers set up, it'll be easy to transfer all of my domains over, right?

Now what do I do? Please help and take it easy on the server noob please.

Edited to say:
OK, I finally figured out how to change the nameservers at godaddy. Just a waiting game for a few days now, huh? Then those nameservers will start working in 2-3 days?

Last edited:
GoDaddy support is always the best place to get support for GoDaddy issues.

The original problem you were having is that you were trying to point your domain to nameservers that didn't exist.

It appears you've figured out how to create those nameservers. Presuming you've then pointed your domain to those nameservers, it should start working soon.

Most registrars say 72 hours, but for new domains it should start working within a lot less time; perhaps 24 hours after you successfullly made the changes.

Jeff

Back