The 2nd FTP account (Quota) ?

Alt

Verified User
Hi there ,
I have a french hosting with DirectAdmin panel.

My question is:
I've created my second FTP account (i.e. [email protected]) and could you tell me how to configure the megabytes (quotas/spaces) for my new second FTP account "[email protected]" please.. :( ??

Regards,
Alt.

Quota's can't be set on a per account basis through DirectAdmin (as far as I know)

All areas that the ftp account has access to is under the same rules as the account.

Please find this solution..

Thanks Jmstacey.. :(
By the way it must exist the solution to set the quota for each FTP account ;)

Please to DirectAdmin developpers.. to find that solution, it is not only for me but it's also for everyone in the communities.

As I know that it isn't very hard to find that solution isn't ?
it's only a small solution that I believe to the DirectAdmin developpers can handle it easily :rolleyes:

regards,
Alt.

jmstacey said:
Quota's can't be set on a per account basis through DirectAdmin (as far as I know)

All areas that the ftp account has access to is under the same rules as the account.

Re: Please find this solution..

Alt said:

Please to DirectAdmin developpers.. to find that solution, it is not only for me but it's also for everyone in the communities.

As I know that it isn't very hard to find that solution isn't ?
it's only a small solution that I believe to the DirectAdmin developpers can handle it easily :rolleyes:

regards,
Alt.
I need this function too, is there any solution build in already? I've only access as user, so I can't manage any systemconfigurations...

Re: Please find this solution..

Alt said:

I didn't say there wasn't a solution, I just said that it can't be done through DirectAdmin at this time and possibly the only temporary solution is manually configuring Proftpd as you want it.

Re: Re: Please find this solution..

jmstacey said:
I didn't say there wasn't a solution, I just said that it can't be done through DirectAdmin at this time and possibly the only temporary solution is manually configuring Proftpd as you want it.
And how do I do that? I don't have root permissions...

This response is an attempt to answer the various questions brought up in the thread so far.

To DirectAdmin neither ftp users nor email users are what some of us would call real linux users.

And only linux users can be limited by system quotas or by DA quotas.

My recent experiences with setting up FTP users appears to set them up with directories and files owned by the site user account.

In which case the files would fall under the site user quotas.

This appears to be true (someone with more experience with ftp than I please feel free to correct me) whether or not the ftp user has it's own IP#.

I've attempted to find information about setting up quotas for non system users in proftpd.conf, but I haven't found anything except using LDAP.

And no, you can't set up something in .htaccess, because ftp has nothing to do with http.

Jeff

jlasman said:
This response is an attempt to answer the various questions brought up in the thread so far.

To DirectAdmin neither ftp users nor email users are what some of us would call real linux users.

And only linux users can be limited by system quotas or by DA quotas.

My recent experiences with setting up FTP users appears to set them up with directories and files owned by the site user account.

In which case the files would fall under the site user quotas.

This appears to be true (someone with more experience with ftp than I please feel free to correct me) whether or not the ftp user has it's own IP#.

I've attempted to find information about setting up quotas for non system users in proftpd.conf, but I haven't found anything except using LDAP.

And no, you can't set up something in .htaccess, because ftp has nothing to do with http.

Jeff
So, to make a long story short, it's not possible, but maybe in the future?

Back