How to make add-ons to directadmin

chiptecmm.com

Verified User
Does anyone knows how can we make directadmin add-ons?

I have in mind some auto instalation scripts, i will need things like

0- copying some files
1 - create database
2 - run instalation script

Does anyone knows how to?

If you need to install addons automatically each time a domain is created you'll want to search the forums for the script that runs automatically every time a domain is created.

If you want to create some addons that the admin, reseller or user can add, then look for the DA plugins capability.

Jeff

The idea is to install some scripts on user account, when desired.

We have some custom apps that can be used by our clients, and we'd like to make it very easy to install.

Easy as create an email account.

We will need to performe the following operations:

1- copy app files from /baseroot/ to userdirectory
2 - create a database and user for that app
3 - run an installation process

in the middle maybe change some file attributes

Should i look for plugins?
Can i find and example somewhere?

Originally posted by chiptecmm.com
Should i look for plugins?

If you want them on only some sites, and/or if you want your clients to do the install, yes.
Can i find and example somewhere?
There's already a commercial program that installs open source programs; look at Installatron.

Jeff

I already know installatron, but since i don't want to deliver opensource software to our clients, but custom software that we've developped i don't want to buy installatron, but deveop ourself the new plugin

You asked for an example; that's the only example I know of.

Searching for plugin or plug-in on these forums will find anything else that's here.

Jeff

We're actually in the process of adding a "diy-installers" feature to Installatron (maybe the next version, maybe the one after).

It will let anyone create personal (do-it-yourself) installers for the iTron system.

Might be useful to you, might not. :)

Rowan @ Installatron

Back