Assign static ip to user website

chow

Verified User
Hi,

One of my users has 30 domains running. In order to install ssl on one of these domains I understand I have to assign this domain a static ip. I already added a ip to the server but can't find a way to assign this ip to this domain. Does anyone know how to do this??

Regards,

Chow

when you create a 'site' for IP select a exclusive / dedicated IP.

if you dont have one, you need to allocate the reseller account an exclusive IP to use.

Chris

not that im aware of, you need to backup the site, delete it, create a new site using the new IP, restore your previous data.

It's annoying to do that, i know - but it seems a lot of control panel software does this.

John / Mark, is it possible to change config files to convert a site from NB to IPB?

Chris

Hello,

You can easily change the IP of a Domain/User by clicking:

List / Modiy Users -> click his Username -> Modify Username's data -> Select the new IP and click save.

Note that the IP must be assigned to the Reseller/Admin in order to see the IP in the dropdown. If you can't see it, go to the
Admin Panel -> IP Manager -> select the IP -> select the Reseller/Admin from the dropdown -> click "Assign To"

Hope this helps.

John

ok my mistake...

you should enable the page in the demo so we can see what can be modified :D

also, im assuming DA automatically updates the DNS Zones with the new IP?

Last edited:
Damn, something goes terribly wrong. Since I changed IP for the user all his sites are down. I checked the DNS for all domains and the new IP is in it. Still no site is running :(

chow said:
Damn, something goes terribly wrong. Since I changed IP for the user all his sites are down. I checked the DNS for all domains and the new IP is in it. Still no site is running :(

Sorry, my fault. Firewall was closed on this new IP :cool:

Back