Tmda

rix

Verified User
Has anyone have successfully installed tmda on exim with virtualuser? Would you care to share your setting ?

I've managed to install it for system user but failed with virtualuser :(

Also having problems with TMDA

I am using Exim and the latest version of TMDA and TMDA-CGI. I had to have my host install it for me because I gave up after a few hours.

I am also able to use it with the system accounts but not able to use it with the virtual accounts.

Has anyone else had luck with this?

why would anyone use TMDA when you could use clamav ? I don't know much about TMDA so I'm really just asking.

johnsboro said:
TMDA isn't virus scan, it's anti-spam. See http://tmda.net.
DOH!:D lol I forgot that TMDA was that cool challenge/response system that I was going to try a while ago. NOT that virus scanner that isnn't free. LOL sorry for wasting bandwidth.

While we're on the subject. I just couldn't bring myself to implement something like this on my servers. It just seems like too much for the average customer to deal with.

I can understand that. I like TMDA because it's optional. Many of my customers tell me that they wouldn't be able to get through their days without TMDA protecting their accounts.

I know for a fact that I get over 50 spams a day. It it weren't for TMDA, I don't know what I'd do. Wait, I don't have it. :(

The problem was I had to move my servers from one ISP in Kentucky to an ISP in Illinois. Well, moved files, not hardware. The servers in Illinois didn't have TMDA on them and I couldn't get it installed myself to their techs are trying to get it done for me.

It works right now, all you have to do is go into SSH and modify a bunch of stuff for it to work right. Without the web interface (which is the only thing not working on my servers right now) no one would be able to use it.

I'm hoping that they can get it operational because some people are sending in complaints... along with all the other spams I'm getting every day. :(

Oh well. Cest la vie.

Back