Updating Fedora Kernel

hci

Verified User
I am running Fedora core 2. I was told there are some issues with quotta check on core 2. So how do I update to Fedora core 3 kernel without breaking anything in Directadmin?

Matthew

Hi,

I have the same question. I now have Fedora Core 2 running and want to Upgrade to Fedora Core 3......

Is this possible without changing DA??

Tnx!!

Dennis

Use a system wide backup, backing up all user files, mysql databases and configuration files. Afterwards reinstall the server with core 3, setup DA, restore IP's and restore the system backup.

imho that would solve the core 2 --> core 3 problem. The only thing is you need to setup the 3rd party stuff like firewalls and such. Oh and you need an off-site backup space.

We decided to test this out on a couple test servers the other day. The only thing you will really need to do is contact Mark and let him know that you need to change the license from 1x/2x to 3x otherwise you will get a segmentation fault. The upgrade is flawless besides this (when upgrading from the CD)

What do you mean LinuxGuy? Update with yum? Is it possible to update FC2 to FC3 with yum? How?

Like: yum update kernell or something...?

Back