Share another ip than the server ip

S2S-Robert

Verified User
You have the option of sharing the server's ip, but I don't want to do that security wise. The server ip has to stay the server ip, and no domains should resolve to that ip.

But I do want more than 1 reseller to share the same ip address, so would it be possible to create a specific ip address for several resellers?

Now this is only possible by sharing the server's ip, but if you could assign a specific ip address for this, it would be great!

I'm suddenly thinking of a workaround.

You have the file that keeps a record of the ip's, if you were to manually edit that file put in 1 'shared reseller' ip which is assigned to the admin, that would fix the problem right?

And if DA implements this feature, would it cause problems to the files you've already manually edited?

Hello,

You can manually do it by

1) assign the ip to someone, admin works
2) getting admin to set it to shared.
3) for each Reseller you want to have access to that ip, edit
/usr/local/directadmin/data/resellername/ip.list
and add that ip to the list.

This will allow each Reseller to add domains to that IP, and it should keep track of the # of Users on that IP correctly. (Note that this is a manual way of doing it and I'm not sure if there are any side effects from doing this.. can't see any at the momment)

John

I'd like to say it's working like a charm. Editing the ip.list file does exactly what I want it to do and I haven't got any problems yet.

So if you could create a new dropdown item in the create reseller (HTM_ACCOUNT_RESELLER_CREATE) "Domain IP:" that would solve the problem. It would say something like "Shared - Specified IP", and would allow you to enter the ip address manually or something. I don't think this is a lot of work and would improve security as the attackers no longer target the server's main IP.

Just a thought :)

Back