Namerserver Setup

Terr0r

Hello,

I am new to DirectAdmin and have been searching the vast amount of information here in these forums for hours now with no luck. I am trying to setup an intial nameserver for a new server install. I am hosted with nac. The domain I am wanting to move to the server is terr0rized.com and is currently hosted with micfo.com. I am having trouble understanding exactly how to set up the nameserver. I have a block of 8 IP addresses. When I try to create a reseller account using the 3 ip option, I receive not enough free IP addresses error. I have all 8 IP addresses nac gave added in the admin section under IP management. I am not understanding why I am receiving this error. I am going this route to set up a nameserver because from what I can tell is that I have to do it this way. Set up the reseller account with the domain, then set the nameservers in the reseller admin panel under nameservers. If I create a reseller and domain with the shared server IP, I can set the nameservers in the DNS section of the admin panel, then go into reseller admin panel and add the nameserver there. But I do not get the domain in the dropdown menu.

Can anyone explain to me exactly how to do this please? I do realize this is completely an idiotic question, but I have searched the forum here and can not find exactly how to do this. I have checked the help site also, but this only explains how to enter the information.

*Edit*

This post is very close to the same problem I am having, but there is no answer, as I am assuming the author figured out the problem by his last post. My registrar is also godaddy and I get the same problem.

http://www.directadmin.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=6316

*EDIT*

I figured it out. It seems as though my host forgot to email me the new install setup instructions.

Last edited:
Back