anyone running on CentOS?

domecms

Verified User
I just put an order in with a hosting service for a dedicated box and they told me i could not get DirectAdmin on my choice of os CentOs.. because it was not supported by Direct Admin... i've browsed other forums and seen posts from people using DA on CentOS... So, Does DA work with CentOS or are there issues?... and if there are issues, wouldn't there be issues with running DA on RHE?

CentOS is not listed as an officially supported Operating system, but it may still work. You'll probably have to tell your datacenter to go ahead but then you'll need to take responsibility of installing and supporting it and your datacenter would not be able to help with support requests. (Most likely);)

Check with Steve from rack911.com - he upgraded us to CentOS 3.3 and we have no trouble running it.

We've installed DA on several CentOS systems without failure, and we've done the same on WBEL. These are RHEL clones, and the only possible problem could be a missing /etc/redhat-release file, but DA fixed that problem some time ago when we discovered it.

If your Data Center refuses to isntall it, then let them pay for RHEL :) .

Jeff

Back