Avg Max

Hits/Hours 15994 44290
Hits/Days 383864 499047
Files/Days 211203 255824
Pages/Days 65286 80436
Visits/Days 4529 5400
KOctets/Days 1788565 2564619

90 concurrents users connections max: 228

Do you think it is a big site ? Do you think this can be handle easily with a server like this ?

AMD Athlon XP2400 (1.8Ghz) 1Go memory

Thanks for your answsers.

Regards,

Yes, it will.
Just optimize MySQL and kill all unnessesary stuff there. All db's will go to RAM.
Good luck
:)

Is that 90 concurrent connections mostly html, php, or a fair combination?
Server use can/will grow excessively if there are that many concurrent connections to a script that uses MySQL.

You must also consider it's cost effectivness(sp). For example, putting a webiste that could easily use the resources of one server would be better suited to a dedicated server, otherwise your shared server would be heavily taxed by one particular user and may cost more to maintain and keep optimized let alone responsive.

Last edited:
jmstacey said:
Is that 90 concurrent connections mostly html, php, or a fair combination?
Server use can/will grow excessively if there are that many concurrent connections to a script that uses MySQL.

You must also consider it's cost effectivness(sp). For example, putting a webiste that could easily use the resources of one server would be better suited to a dedicated server, otherwise your shared server would be heavily taxed by one particular user and may cost more to maintain and keep optimized let alone responsive.

Thanks for answers guys ;)

The web site is mostly php (98%) with phpnuke...
Yes absolutely he is almost on dedicated server. I say almost because I put this web site yesteday into one of my server that contains my personnals web sites (few visitors, with few hits...).
Indeed I'm more concerned about mysql... So I keep an eye on it !

The interest for me here to host this web site, is to put ads on it with agreement of his webmaster. (sponsored hosting). His stats and references are very interestings, and can help me to target customers with french language.

So I can't have poor performance :D
But I will work on it ! with the webmaster, because we found already some things to optimize on his web site.

For the moment everything seems to be ok.

Back